Managed Full Stack Observability Offer Manager
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Who You’ll Work With
Join a close-knit, fast moving, seasoned and highly adaptable team with expertise in managed services, product management, and channel partner go-to-market. Our team’s charter is to drive business growth by enabling our provider partners to deliver managed services based on Cisco’s technology solutions. We work across the organization to form coalitions that innovate, optimize and drive business results to the benefits of Cisco, our partners, and our mutual customers. We help to shape strategic facets of the technology portfolio and the business model associated with some of the industry's fastest moving trends.
In this role, you will manage the portfolio of full-stack observability offers for managed service providers, including smaller MSPs, value-added resellers, and global systems integrators. The objectives for the role are to increase Cisco’s market share and partner adoption of related Cisco technologies with a focus on application performance monitoring, cloud infrastructure monitoring and management, customer digital experience monitoring, and application security. You’ll bring your expertise in related managed services, product and solution management, and sales enablement development and execution.
You will also be responsible for working within Cisco to represent the team’s needs to business units, sales organizations, finance, and marketing. You will interface with our partners to help them understand the opportunities Cisco’s technologies and programs provide them, removing any impediments to their growth and success related to managed observability.
What You’ll Do
As an Offer Manager you will work on the following key activities:
· Identify strategic opportunities and develop innovative managed service offers based on market demands.
· Demonstrate a ‘customer obsession’ and a ‘partner obsession’ when identifying and developing new offers.
· Plan, design and execute pilot programs and innovation work with key partners to co-create differentiated managed services based on Cisco’s technologies and then scale to broader audiences.
· Coordinate cross-functional teams to move partner managed service offers through a full lifecycle engagement model, spanning from pilot to development to scale to curation.
· Directly author core sales enablement materials related to these offers including decision maker presentations, playbooks covering opportunity setting through service creation and initial go-to-market readiness.
· Facilitate reference architectures and standardized commercial packaging.
· Develop project proposals and detailed work plans and often present these to senior leaders.
· Lead service creation engagements with Cisco’s provider partners during the lighthouse phase to validate market fit and resonance of key engagement material.
· Train others to lead such service creation engagements for scale.
· Build relationships and influence internal stakeholders to foster effective working relations.
Who You Are
You have direct experience working for or with managed services organizations. You understand the core tools that run these businesses and the process required to bring new services to market. You’ve seen successful – and not so successful – services, and you have a good sense from this experience on how to build new ones for success. You also understand the target customer audience – how they approach technology decisions, what they expect from a user experience, the personas of decision makers within these businesses, and how to influence them.
You are a doer. Someone who breaks through obstacles and finds a productive path forward where it isn’t immediately obvious. When you set an objective, you are relentless. You are also a collaborative, structured thinker that invites colleagues into your process early and often—relishing opportunities to work side by side. You welcome the opportunity to meet new people and learn from others' viewpoints. You are a diplomat and can lead in a cross-functional environment where there is often no imperative to follow you. In a time-sensitive, fluid working environment you are nimble and maintain positivity during changes of direction. Big complex problems and opportunities don't scare you – you live to organize and simplify them.
You continuously assess new trends to strengthen your offers’ market positions and determine how to evolve their strategic roadmap, making Cisco more relevant to our managed services provider partners and making our managed service provider partners more relevant to the customers they serve.
· Expertise in application performance monitoring for business-critical applications like SAP, Oracle as well as microservices based cloud-native ecommerce applications, cloud infrastructure monitoring and management, IT service management systems, and AIOps technologies.
· Expertise in cloud delivered applications including orchestration, management, and scale across multiple delivery environments including public, private, and hybrid cloud.
· Knowledge in managed services delivery including Remote Management & Monitoring (RMM), Professional Services Automation (PSA), Business / Operations Support Systems (B/OSS) platforms.
· Demonstrated experience working and communicating with multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams, including sales and business development, product management, marketing, legal, and executives.
· Proficiency in product or solution management, including business case development, competitive analysis, pricing, value proposition, and commercial models.
· Skilled in go-to-market strategy, customer experience design, customer success, and/or market research.
· Excellent presentation creation and delivery abilities in addition to more broad sales enablement development experience.
This position can be based in the USA or Canada with reasonable proximity to a major airport. Travel will vary but you should expect up to 20% travel in the long term. This is a global role, supporting Cisco stakeholders and partners around the world; flexibility for meetings outside of local business hours is required.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are Cisco. Go managed.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.