Senior Threat Researcher
Location:Prague, Czech Republic
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Security, Software Development, Testing
Who You’ll Work With
We are a bunch of five former startups collectively called Advanced Threat Solutions with an agile, hardworking upstart culture within Cisco. With a security focused attitude we make machine learning work on really large data sets. We balance collaboration and integration with autonomy and innovation to deliver the most effective solution to our customers’ problems. The unique mix of our ground-breaking approach to security and Cisco’s industry dominance surpasses what any other security start-up could ever achieve on its own.
What You'll Do
You are interested in seeking out malicious actors in large data sets and customer bases. You will help identify, analyze, and classify potential threats and malicious activity using the power of Cisco Cognitive Threat Analytics’ machine learning capabilities and threat intelligence collected by Cisco. You will help design new ways of identifying and tracking down threat actors by collaborating with highly skilled machine learning specialists, reverse engineers and the security community, all in direct collaboration with our customers. You will participate in publishing security blogs and reports. If you want to be able to protect millions from malware, fraud, and phishing attacks: this is your opportunity.
Who You Are
We are looking for a Senior Threat Researcher to join our team of Engineers and Researchers. You are a fast learner who understands the security landscape, how current attacks are carried out, and how one might prevent or detect them. We expect you to be passionate about machine learning but down-to-earth about its limits. You want to use your knowledge of the threat landscape and attackers to help researchers develop better and more scalable detection methods – this means you are comfortable talking to people daily and presenting or teaching others.
- BSc/MSc or proven relevant experience
- Experience leveraging sources of Open Source Intelligence to classify artifacts such as malware and domains
- Intrusion detection analysis (kill chain analysis)
- Knowledge of network protocols such as IP, TCP/UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS
- Proficiency performing and understanding dynamic analysis of malware (e.g. using Sandboxes, Virtual Machines)
- Experience with Regular Expressions to match indicators of compromise such as domains
- Knowledge of the current threat landscape, and the goals and methods of current malicious actors (MITRE ATT&CK…)
- Self-driven, proactive, independent, and problem solver
- Capability to formulate, explain, and present technical and non-technical arguments
- Teamwork spirit and excitement to work on complex cutting-edge systems for detection of modern malware and advanced cyber threats
- Fluent English
- Hands on experience with MISP, Cortex, HIVE or similar threat intelligence technologies
- Working with OSINT and 3rd party malware reports
- Threat hunting using NetFlow, Proxy logs, Passive DSN logs and similar network-based telemetry
- Development or formulation of detection techniques
- Threat modelling and threat intelligence production
- Creation of playbooks and experience with automation (scripting, APIs)
- Experience in presenting malware research in public conferences would be a plus
- Experience in authoring malware research blogs and reports would be a plus
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #cognitiveintelligence