M&A Benefits Consultant
Location:Offsite, Chicago, Illinois, US
Alternate LocationAny location in these U.S. time zones: ET/CT/MT, Canada, or Europe (GMT only)
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What You'll Do
Are you interested in partnering with Cisco’s businesses to transform our organization? You will work with dynamic teams whose objectives are to develop, plan for and launch a People integration strategy to successfully engage acquired talent as they join Cisco. The M&A Benefits Consultant works closely with members of the Global Benefits team, People & Communities (P&C) M&A team, and other functions in the M&A community, and the broad Acquisition Integration ecosystem to prepare for and equip acquired employees for a positive onboarding experience – with a focus to seamlessly transition employees from their current benefits into Cisco programs. Acquisitions are our main focus, but we may also serve in a similar capacity on divestitures. You will transition a variety of global programs. For example, retirement, time off, medical, dental, vision, income replacement, life/accident insurance, and leaves of absence.
- Following strategy guidance from the People Deal Lead and M&A Global Benefits Leader, the M&A Benefits Consultant will develop, run, and implement the Global Benefits Acquisition Integration project plan and timeline for US and multi-country deals.
- Conduct due diligence and a side-by-side review of the Target company’s data and policies to identify, quantify, and mitigate benefits compliance risks and to inform the Global Benefits Integration plan.
- Establish an appropriate cadence of Benefits Integration meetings with our local benefits teammates, M&A lawyers and consultants, and externally with the Target company and their benefits vendors.
- Prepare and conduct Benefits Overview and Enrollment sessions, initially for small and medium-sized deals, either in-person or via Webex.
- In partnership with People Pillar Lead and project management resources, provide updates for deal tracking and benefits-related cost of integration requirements.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve the unique benefits transition situations by pulling in the appropriate leaders and local experts as needed.
- Research and answer acquired employee benefits questions in a high-touch, rapid response environment.
- Recommend improvements and or innovations to the Global Benefits team and P&C M&A practice based on industry, deal, or compliance requirements and findings.
- At times when deal activity is slow, step in and support Global Benefits, M&A, or other People & Communities projects.
Who You Are
- Deep understanding of the needs of people in times of change
- Work on multiple projects at once with a high level of accountability and use of strong organizational skills
- Executive presence
- Highly collaborative
- Strong communication, influencing, and presentation skills to explain benefits transitions and Cisco programs
- Communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand ways for employees at all levels
- General knowledge of payroll and a wide range of benefits programs including, but not limited to: defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, vacation, sick time, car lease/allowances, disability, life/accident, medical, dental, vision, leaves of absence, COBRA, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts
- Critical thinker and problem solver that approaches challenges with curiosity and compassion
- Ability to work in U.S. time zones on a regular basis
- Flexibility in working style and working hours, to adapt to different cultures of incoming acquired teams and Cisco collaborators
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality for extended periods of time
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to implement changing timelines/circumstances
- Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 25% of the time (currently not traveling; however, expect that to change in the future)
- Knowledge of Webex, PPT, XLS, Smartsheet, Word, Sharepoint
- Demonstrated ability in benefits communication and administration and/or an adjacent function with M&A experience
- Preferred 10+ years HR and Benefits experience with 5+ in an M&A context
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.