Legal Intern - Master - Italy
Area of InterestLegal
Start Date: May 2022
Duration: 6 months
Location: Milan - Vimercate, Italy
It's an exciting time to work at Cisco. Every day we connect people to the network and make it come to life. Whether it's using e-learning to educate students far from city centers or downloading the entire Library of Congress in seconds, our networking technology has not only revolutionized the way people do things, but who they are. People are more informed, more efficient, and more involved. With all forms of communications converging onto the network, Cisco is entering an exciting new era. The concept of the network as the platform for transforming life's experiences is no longer a possibility: It is quickly becoming a reality. And Cisco is leading the experience.
This is an unique opportunity for an intern eager to learn and contribute to the legal implications of leading cutting-edge technology. From Commercial, Antitrust, Intellectual Property to Privacy and Security law, you will be able to immerse yourself in all aspects of being part of Cisco Legal team.
- Assist the attorneys responsible for supporting the sales teams in negotiation as well as in research and advice to internal clients
- Initial preparation of legal documents such as contracts, correspondence and summaries.
- Provide contract information/interpretation to Cisco attorney on the provisions of specific agreements as well as local legal issues that might impact the business.
- Create, review, analyze and maintain legal and other business documents.
- Participating on drafting a section of Cisco´s legal playbook or other Cisco legal team internal documents
- Contribute to key regional and global initiatives and projects
- Other duties as assigned
Core competencies required:
- Adaptability. The Trainee will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate the ability to successfully manage frequent changes in priorities, deadlines and workload.
- Business/Legal Knowledge. The Trainee will have the ability to learn about Cisco´s most relevant legal principles and Cisco business environment and applying this knowledge to the assigned activities.
- Communication and Influence. The Trainee will have good communication skills, including the ability to professionally and concisely communicate (in writing and verbally) complex legal and business issues to the assigned attorneys.
- Continuous Learning. It is important that the Trainee can demonstrate the capacity and strong desire to learn new things and quickly apply that knowledge to specific tasks.
- Organizational Abilities. The Trainee will have well developed organizational and prioritization abilities allowing for the smooth and simultaneous management of multiple projects with demanding deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of IT, IP, commercial, contract and privacy and antitrust law
- The ability to read and understand complex contract provisions
- The ability to efficiently create English legal documents for internal and external use
- Ability to Understand industry practice on legal issues
- Previous legal working experience would be an advantage in the selection process
General Business skills:
- Fluent in Italian and English is minimum requirement. Any other language is a plus (fluent knowledge of German is considered a clear advantage in the selection process)
- Concisely convey information and ideas both in writing and verbally
- Operate well in a professional legal team environment
- Manage timely the achievement of specific goals
- Anticipate and be responsive to Cisco´s attorneys requirements
- Operate efficiently in a highly automated environment heavily dependent on e-enabled tools and communications systems