Legal Intern - Master - France
Location:Issy Les Moulineaux, Ile De France, France
Area of InterestLegal
Start Date: June/July 2020
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Issy les Moulineaux, France
The position will expose the intern to a broad array of legal commercial and contractual issues as well as technology trends and other practice areas of law and is available to a law student who seeks to work as an Intern with the Cisco Legal team.
We are looking for a person currently enrolled in a Master degree in Law.
Why you will love Cisco:
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
- Assist the attorneys responsible for supporting the sales teams
- Initial preparation of legal documents such as contracts, correspondence and summaries.
- Creating contract records in contract management system and use of other e-based tools.
- The Trainee must have the ability to work under time pressures and deadlines, while possessing good verbal and excellent written skills (English and French), and possess the ability to work independently when required.
- Provide contract information/interpretation to Cisco attorney on the provisions of specific agreements as well as local legal issues that might impact the business.
- Create, review, analyze and maintain legal and other business documents.
- Participating on drafting a section of Cisco´s legal playbook or other Cisco legal team internal documents
- Other duties as assigned.
Core competencies required:
- Adaptability. The Trainee will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and demonstrate the ability to successfully manage frequent changes in priorities, deadlines and workload.
- Business/Legal Knowledge. The Trainee will have the ability to learn about Cisco´s most relevant legal principles and Cisco business environment and applying this knowledge to the assigned activities.
- Communication and Influence. The Trainee will have good communication skills, including the ability to professionally and concisely communicate (in writing and verbally) complex legal and business issues to the assigned attorneys.
- Continuous Learning. It is important that the Trainee can demonstrate the capacity and strong desire to learn new things and quickly apply that knowledge to specific tasks.
- Organizational Abilities. The Trainee will have well developed organizational and prioritization abilities allowing for the smooth and simultaneous management of multiple projects with demanding deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of IT, IP, commercial, contract and business law.
- The ability to read and understand complex contract provisions
- The ability to efficiently create English legal documents for internal and external use.
- Ability to Understand industry practice on legal issues
General Business skills:
- Concisely convey information and ideas both in writing and verbally
- Operate well in a professional legal team environment
- Manage timely the achievement of specific goals
- Anticipate and be responsive to Cisco´s attorneys requirements
- Operate efficiently in a highly automated environment heavily dependent on e-enabled tools and communications systems