Legal Global Export Trade Manager- APJC
Additional Location(s)Hong Kong
Area of InterestLegal
We are looking for a committed, creative-thinking Legal Counsel to join our team supporting Cisco's Global Service Provider business mainly in UK and Ireland but also acting as support to other countries occasionally.
What You'll Do
- Keeping up with the latest legal and regulatory changes to export control and customs/trade requirements
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability/risk and set up effective mitigation measures;
- Tracking and monitoring US and international export control classification control lists
- Communicating with product teams to confirm completion of export product reviews and compliance with internal policies
The team ensures that all export control compliance requirements of Cisco and its operations are met and all programs and activities follow all applicable government laws and regulations.
Are you passionate about joining us on this mission? We are seeking a highly motivated, teammate passionate about working in an agile, constantly evolving environment as Corporate Counsel on our Technology Acquisition team. The position will support our engineering, supply chain and global procurement business units and will cover a wide range of areas including technology transactions, compliance counseling and licensing, and acquisition integration. This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, energizing environment.
This position will be based in Singapore, Hong Kong or India.
Key Selection Criteria
- The ideal candidate should have strong knowledge of US, EU and international export regulations.
- In addition, he/she should ideally have a minimum of seven years + experience in an export function.
- Excellent network and relationships with key policy makers, government;
- Your academic background includes a BA/BS degree or equivalent in international trade, law or political science.
- Cross-cultural working experience is a plus.
- You are fluent in English (additional languages like Spanish or Russian are a plus).
Candidate should also possess the following skills:
- Ability to work across department disciplines to identify dynamics for building global strategies and setting aggressive implementation framework.
- You are solution oriented with a bias for action; highly dedicated.
- Presentation and Communications: requires background and experience in public speaking and presentation skills across multiple audiences and geographies.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and influencing skills
- Strategic Management: you are motivated by solving complex regulatory and logistics issues and understand the dynamics between the various internal functional organizations.
- Solution oriented with a bias for action; highly pro-active.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic environment while maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent social skills; optimistic and adaptable.
- Team building and collaboration skills: an important part of the job is the ability to influence and work cross functionally, gaining respect from team members as well as peers across the organization.