Legal Counsel - Global Service Providers - Germany
Location:Eschborn, Hessen, Germany
Area of InterestLegal
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
Always wanted to be part of a global smart legal team continuously on the edge of enabling technological innovation?
What You'll Do
We are looking for a committed, creative-thinking Legal Counsel to join our team supporting Cisco's Global Service Provider business in Europe.
Your responsibilities include:
- Act as a trusted legal advisor to the business related to a named Service Provider in Germany and Europe
- Give accurate, timely advice to Cisco senior management and other functions on specific contractual provisions and general legal matters coming to your attention with an understanding of Cisco’s overall strategy
- Draft and negotiate legal agreements covering the Cisco business (sales and licensing agreements, channel partner/pricing letters, RFP/RFIs, non-disclosure agreements, IP and DP agreements, services agreements, etc)
- Support, coordinate and secure sales contract negotiations with business-centric, flexible attitude, collaborative spirit and eagle eye for detail
- Consistently apply Cisco legal policies and best business practices to maintain the highest possible standards of corporate governance
- Engage in cross-functional projects
- Pro-actively provide and support training
Who You'll Work With
The EMEAR Legal team is a dynamic, smart and multi-cultural team that combines a collaborative environment with the diverse projects and innovative technology of a global corporation. Cisco legal managers are open-minded and experienced, in support of independent, flexible work practices. The EMEAR Legal team promotes cultural differences and personal development based on trust and high ethical standards.
The Cisco EMEAR Legal team highly emphasizes teamwork and supports cross-functional activities and interests allowing for both professional and personal growth. Cisco also gives its employees the unique opportunity to participate in Giving Back projects contributing to Cisco’s well respected ethics of true sharing and caring. Your dedication matters!
The business clients trust the EMEAR Legal team to act as agents for positive change and to conduct business with transparency and integrity.
Who You Are
The Minimum Qualifications we look for:
- We require excellent written and verbal skills in English and German; fluency in other European languages will be considered a plus
The Professional Experience we look for:
- Knowledge of and experience with technology contract issues including intellectual property, software licensing, managed services, cloud, data protection, including negotiating GDPR agreements, and security
- Being familiar with technology product sales go-to-market models, distribution agreements, resale agreements, services sales etc.
- Experience with providing legal advice across a multi-jurisdictional region in Europe
- Experience handling competition and antitrust legal issues in the context of the operations of a multinational corporation
- Experience in dealing and contracting with public/state-run entities would be a plus
The general skills we look for:
- Ability to provide support under pressure and finalize deals to tight deadlines
- Be able to advise on dynamic situations requiring sound judgment
- Be an enabler who gets things done
- Be a communicative and collaborative team member focused on building and fostering strong relationships with business clients
- Ability to concisely and persuasively express convey ideas both verbally and in writing
- Be able to identify and manage the flow of key information both up the management chain as well as across the client base
- Ability to manage complex business transactions including meeting deadlines, ensuring compliance with Cisco process and policies
- Have well-developed organizational abilities allowing for the calm, smooth and simultaneous management of multiple projects with complex and demanding deadlines
The Personal skills we look for:
- “Flexibility”: Our lawyers are passionate about continuously learning and improving their understanding of the dynamic business requiring to successfully handle changes in and priorities, deadlines, and workload. They use this adaptability to evolve and develop pro-active knowledge to build credibility with their sales teams to provide “Client relevant” pertinent strategic business advice.
- “Creativity”: Our lawyers problem-solve creatively while analyzing the larger (possibly non-legal) context of any possible issue affecting the business.
- “Eagle eyes”: Our lawyers analyze, draft, negotiate and communicate clearly and concisely. They are responsive and always engaged.
- “Team spirit”: Our lawyers work collaboratively within a global team fitting into various cultures of the world.
- “Drive”: Our lawyers exhibit a willful and entrepreneurial attitude to push themselves and the company to be the best at what they do. They have a “can-do” attitude and have the leadership to constantly encourage teams to engage pro-actively.
- “Ethics”: Our lawyers value and apply high ethical standards in conducting a thoughtful analysis of complex legal and business issues and are able to articulate the risk and reward of various scenarios in a business-friendly manner.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our true edge comes from our people. We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco