Learning Partner, Software Engineering
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
Cisco Meraki knows that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
The Cisco Meraki BU Learning & Development team is looking for an experienced, driven learning partner to develop and deliver learning solutions to a distributed team of technical specialists. The ideal candidate is adaptable with a can-do demeanor, has a passion for instructing, is experienced facilitating technical learning in a classroom setting, and willing to travel as needed (up to 15%).
- Facilitate training sessions as a live classroom instructor or virtual instructor over WebEx or other remote learning platform.
- Partner with managers, peers, teammates, and other Merakians to ensure curricular material, intranet pages, documentation, and other content is accurate and ready for participant use.
- Develop basic curricular material for delivery via WBT or ILT along with all requisite deliverables such as presentations, participant/facilitator guides, and assessments.
- Support curricular development efforts of instructional design teammates by participating in needs analysis, task analysis, and landmark review sessions.
- Coordinate logistics for each session by procuring materials and equipment, booking and preparing the conference room, scheduling guest speakers, enrolling participants, etc.
- Proctor knowledge and skill assessments.
- Track attendance, course completions, and other data to ensure accurate training records and report results.
Who you are
- Skilled Communicator: To operate optimally in this role as a teacher and mentor you must be approachable, dedicated, and enthusiastic. You will need to convey information (both verbal and written) in a way that is engaging and easy to understand using simple, concise language.
- Adaptable: Ability to think on your feet and adjust to new conditions, curriculum, audiences, technologies, tools, environments, etc. to meet the needs of the participants and ensure a successful training engagement.
- Collaborative: Developing and delivering quality instruction isn’t something you generally do by yourself. You will cultivate relationships, socialize and share new insights and ways of working, seek out different points of view, and invest in the success of others along the way.
- Organized: You’ll need to be organized and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Decisive: You can anticipate challenges and be decisive - you always get in front of issues, mitigate risk, and are comfortable making decisions quickly in support of the overall learning goal.
- Professional: You have at least two or more years of professional experience in a learning and development or technical role.
- Experience with software/firmware development ideally with emphasis on computer networking
- Understanding of network routing and switching, network design, network implementation, and API design and integration.
- Familiarity with the core technologies that power the Cisco Meraki portfolio of products and services.
Nice to have
- Have delivered projects into real world / production
- CCNP certification or above
- Advanced degree in training and/or engineering-related field.
Are you wondering what it's like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a beautiful office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer for causes you believe in. Cisco Meraki has created an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. We are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.