Learning Experience Product Manager
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking
Who you’ll work with
Cisco’s purpose is Power an Inclusive Future for All. In Cisco, we believe in a world with equal access to opportunity; a world in which people and communities are inspired to get closer to our collective challenges, rather than shy away; a world in which everyone can develop digital competencies and become a protagonist of the digital transformation of society.
We are here to change the world and you will become passionate about the brand you will represent. You will have the opportunity to work for Cisco’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives which include many programs that give back to the world and society. The largest of which is the Cisco Networking Academy program (www.NetAcad.com). NetAcad is private and public partnerships that provide educational resources for ICT, Networking, and entrepreneurship skills through education organizations on a global level. Over 2 million students take part in this program worldwide every year, and with the acceleration of distance learning, self-paced offerings, and the use of emerging technologies such as smart tutoring and adaptive learning, we expect many more.
In support of these efforts, we are currently recruiting a Learning Experience Product Manager for the learning offerings and skill-to-job career pathway area of “Infrastructure, Automation & Cloud”.
This is a key role that will support the evolution of how people learn inside the Networking Academy Program. You'll be part of the Netacad Learning Offering team, a passionate group of experts that care about education and are committed to change the world designing and inventing the next generation of learning offerings and tools to allow access to education to everyone.
What you’ll do
The Learning Experience Product Manager is responsible for developing the strategy, business case, roadmap, and plans to create and deliver learner-centric user experiences, offerings, and skills-to-job career pathways in the information technology domain area of “Infrastructure, Automation, and Cloud” for the Cisco Networking Academy program.
Who you are
· Conduct market research and analysis for in-demand jobs in the domain area.
· Define and drive the GTM strategy and product plan for career pathways aligned to specific entry-level jobs in the domain.
· Work with SMEs and Partners to define competencies and proficiency levels required for career pathways.
· Collaborate with the Partner Alliance Manager and content partners to facilitate the onboarding and integration of offerings and pathways in the domain.
· Work with cross-functional agile teams (in U.S., Europe, and India time zones) to develop learner centric offerings roadmap and requirements.
· Collaborate with the Marketing team on positioning, demand generation, partnerships, and launch plans.
· Actively evaluate user insights, market dynamics, competition, and evolution of related technologies to drive the future direction of user experiences, offerings, pathways, and partnerships.
· Manage and evaluate KPIs and related metrics to drive ongoing improvements.
· Present at external conferences and internal events with varied audiences.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
Master’s degree or MBA is preferred.
· 5+ years of product management & learner experience, including experience developing education and training programs for technology platforms, across multiple delivery media.
· Proven track record of design, delivery, and rollout of consumer products to the market.
· Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of customer needs, domain area, professional credentials, competitive landscape, and operations to guide learning experience solutions that drive learner outcomes.
· Experience in EdTech sector (preferably) or education programs/projects in the private and/or public sector.
· Very good understanding of Information & Communications Technology (ICT) of the domain area and technology trends.
· Demonstrated ability to lead and partner with cross-functional and virtual teams, making recommendations/decisions in situations of ambiguity and time pressure.
· Experience managing multiple projects at once successfully and excelling in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with rapidly evolving business demands.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are rapidly growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine crafting unprecedented disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!