Learning & Development Consultant
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
Who You'll Work With
As part of Grow & Learn Organization, you will be responsible for leading Global Technical Learning & Development delivery team, helping support and drive key Learning & Development strategies through projects and programs aligned with Technical business priorities. This role will partner with Solutions Learning & Career team, L&D Consultants, People & Community Consultants, and cross functional business leaders including acquisition teams to manage and track various aspects of L&D offerings. Portfolio being delivered may range from business-specific or domain-specific efforts building Technical Build Buy Partner offerings to support enterprise at scale. Grow & Learn Organization mission is to provide seamless & scalable delivery of L&D offerings by leveraging our industry expertise, cross functional knowledge and partner ecosystem which allows us to provide targeted solutions through a simplified go to market strategy.
What You'll Do
Overview of Responsibilities
• Manage Global Technical Delivery portfolio & resources aligned to programs including subscription services, internal or external solution and platforms
• Partner & consult with BU Directors and stakeholders on business strategy and next generation opportunities
• Define & manage team strategy, success measures, operating protocols & efficiencies
• Partner with Solutions, Learning and Career to understand priorities to transition the delivery of new programs into GLO
• Manage PM’s and assign to new projects
• Define operational success measures and create environment where PM’s can successfully execute against
• Create & continue to enhance team infrastructure for Technical Skills Delivery with ability to scale
• Define PM methodology to create a consistent Delivery approach across all Technical offerings
• Manage initial scope, cost, resources, scale and buy-in for all new programs
• Ensure continuous operating efficiencies and strategy alignment across Technical delivery and GLO
• Partner with team to prioritize personal health and work deliverables
Who You Are
• Experience leading a team of Learning & Development Specialist & Consultants
• Ideally 5-7+ years of project management experience and skills to drive successful project delivery from design/concept through measurement/closeout
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous projects across various stakeholders
• Experience using a variety of project management tools to effectively document, track, and communicate project status
• Ability to effectively facilitate meetings, driving to specific intended outcomes
• Experience identifying, tracking, and communicating a variety of program metrics
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a global team using a variety of online collaboration tools (such as WebEx, WebEx Teams, Box, Smartsheets, etc.)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred but not required
• Experience working in a Learning & Development organization or broader People & Communities Talent Development a plus
· Experience working directly with technical, engineering organization
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an expansive future for all.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.