Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What will you do
The Learning Architect combines business acumen, analysis, talent management, and advanced instructional design skills to build learning blueprints for a comprehensive system of developmental activities and interventions. The blueprints' purpose is to use learning and development as a framework to achieve business priorities, close skill gaps, and build leaders at all levels.
Primarily responsibility for the Assess and Design Phase:
Assess: Deliverables: Business case, ID audience, outline skill gaps/needs, constraints , define business metrics
Design: Proposed learning framework, Learning objective, high level approach, consensus from business, define evaluation approach
Secondary Responsibility for :
- (Development) Review Development plan to ensure learning objectives will be met, Review as part of UAT
(Evaluate) - review evaluation implementation plan
- Applying understanding of instructional design approaches to craft and define solutions to clients’ training challenges and needs
- Leading scoping meetings with clients to ascertain their needs; asking appropriate questions in order to gather information to propose a solution and documenting responses
- Providing real-time recommendations and collaborating with clients to engage them, fuel discussions and built trust and rapport
- Leading internal discussions regarding new projects and defining the solution with assistance from internal team members
- Build proposed learning frameworks and solutions aligned to business needs. Use agreed effectiveness/ROI measures and maintain records of program evaluation and effectiveness.
- Craft recommendations for buy vs. build vs. curate
- Vendor Management – identify, source and lead premier vendors as appropriate.
Partners with learning leads and SMEs to design a learning curriculum and structure content that builds desired capabilities over time and across the three stages of learning; on-boarding, in-role development and advancement and career knowledge transfer.
- Estimating work effort for the solution and producing a high-level or detailed project plan (as appropriate) based on the client’s timing requirements, standard deliverable turnaround times and input from team members
- On-boarding (or handing off to) project managers and instructional designers, specified to projects on the project details
Who are you
- Understanding of instructional design approaches and ways to map learning objectives to levels of interactivity
- Project management expertise, particularly the ability to engage team members and keep them on task in their contributions to deliverables and the ability to follow a standard process and make modifications as needed to achieve the best results
- Ability to present training solutions and articulate the expected business outcomes
- Highly professional demeanor in all communications; ability to speak in a clear, concise manner on client calls and in presentations
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills; ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively
- Resourcefulness in times of resource limitations and ability to wear multiple hats
- Develop relationships with team and clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design or related field
- 7+ years experience in training/learning field – with a solid understanding of all aspects of ADDIE model
5+ years of hands on experience with instructional design tools to implement elearnings
5+ years experience working in a client-facing capacity, ability to work with Subject Matter Guides to assess needs, define requirements and identify possible solutions
At Cisco, each person brings their unusual talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco