Leader, Workforce Communities- 1329132
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Who We Are
Today’s challenging business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need great talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operations by maximizing the power of technology, the best of business processes and superior data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and leverage the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What You'll Do
The Workforce Experience team within Digital Enterprise Solutions, is responsible for providing an extraordinary employee experience to Cisco’s global workforce. As a company that continually ranks as one of the best places to work (#1 in 2019, 2020), employee experience is a top priority. One of the foundational pillars of that experience is our Workforce Communities. We are seeking for an outstanding director to lead the dramatic simplification of our intranet experience and make it much more personalized for Cisco employees.
• You will develop an outstanding intranet that meets the need of the business and ensures a simple, consistent and personalized experience for Cisco employees.
• You will build deep partnership with business leaders, priorities functionalities and tools that are required to deliver an outstanding employee experience.
• You will be an advocate of using data to simplify and personalize all aspects of an employee’s intranet experience.
• You will take full ownership of the intranet planform and the content quality by working with various technology teams across Cisco.
• You will lead a global community of content owners and page editors, coordinate the efforts of this decentralized group and drive a consistent approach through collaboration.
• The ideal candidate should have a track record of transformation utilizing cloud services.
• You will bring Industry and outside in perspectives on how we can craft the delivery of our services.
Who You'll Work With
The Workforce Experience team is responsible for all end-to-end processes and systems that support our workforce from Hire-to-Retire, to Collaboration and Service Desk. Working closely with our partners, this team will take the employee experience for all of Cisco to world-class levels - and show our customers and partners what is possible!!
Who You Are
We’re seeking a talented, experienced, and self-motivated professional who has a real passion for people leadership and technology. You enjoy helping others through their career journeys, providing praise as well as opportunities for improvement and development. You feel comfortable taking care of ambiguity, and you are able to influence within and outside the organization.
Minimum requirements include:
• Bachelor or master’s in computer science or a relevant Engineering degree.
• 15 years of industry experience with 5 or more years of practical experience with redefining employee community and intranet experience in a reputed company with sizable employee count.
• Must have experience in building systems in compliance with all applicable industry or governmental regulations.
• Must have experience in building and leading a large team, handling a sizable budget, portfolio prioritization, and a strong track record of magnificent execution.
• Influencer who can drive the strategy and vision across the organization.
• Motivated, results oriented and passionate in delivering business value.
• Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
• Collaborative and open style with a constructive and positive outlook.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an expansive future for all.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!