Leader, Systems Engineering
Location:Chicago, Illinois, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Why You'll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything, from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Who You'll Work With
Work directly with Cisco field account managers, systems engineers and partners to plan sales strategy, develop proposals, and deliver customer presentations.
What You'll Do
- Provide technical direction and business guidance to the operation sales team.
- Drive revenue through account planning, resource planning and allocation.
- Actively develop and maintain a team of high-performing SEs and continually seek creative methods for improving team performance.
- Help meet operational revenue goals by driving creative programs and leading our daily activities.
- Lead and grow systems engineering team talent and expertise and learn how to build a territory plan by compiling SE feedback and adding knowledge of market demand.
- Develop a technical resource plan and collaborate with our RM to prioritize and target team opportunities; review quantitative information to identify and explain trends.
- Understand mechanisms for establishing team capacity, improving team results and align resources to deliver on commitments and get results
- Lead team to technical account strategies that align to customer business requirements and goals; assign resources appropriately
- Assist in qualified partner identification where appropriate
- Supervise and approve requests for customer-focused pre-sales resources
- Track and report team metrics for a given opportunity
- Monitor and measure team progress against business plan and recommend changes as needed
- Interact with business units to provide support for local region
- Lead multi-functional projects within area of responsibility
- Facilitate communications and understanding of customer requirements between customers, corporate, and the field.
- Actively seek feedback on self; recognize own capabilities and take initiative to continually improve
- Advocate for continual improvement in customer experience to increase brand loyalty for Cisco
- Understand drivers of customer satisfaction, strive to improve customer experiences and maintain and monitor high levels in assigned territory.
Who You Are
Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years validated experience
Experience developing local knowledge of business economics and direction of various industries and vertical markets, and how Cisco solutions add financial and strategic value
Bring an advanced understanding of networking industry direction, including new offerings and solutions. You bring solid understanding of product and solution landscape and can articulate trade-offs between Cisco and competitor products
Know to develop team members' capabilities in support of individual career goals and team objectives
Drive account and resource planning for region and actively collaborate with Regional Manager to track plans and course correct as necessary
Understand the value of standard methodologies and apply methodologies and other tools to drive business results.
Communicate a clear vision and strategy for the account that inspires and empowers the team to execute within a common framework
Able to get things done without direct line authority; able to exercise personal influence, resolve conflict, and bring about required behaviors
Translate Cisco's vision for the future into a compelling value proposition for the team
Build the capabilities needed to deliver the team's short and long term goals, including identification and development of a strong pipeline of the best talent from both internal and external pools
Support team members by providing transparency and information during organizational changes
Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas, including experienced executive communication and presentation skills.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all!
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.