Leader, Software Simple Business Development
Alternate LocationAnywhere in Europe
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
Are you ready to do something exciting? Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our customers' groundbreaking ideas affect everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Be a part of the team that is redefining how our customers and partners work with Cisco to make those ideas a reality. You will collaborate with Cisco sales leaders, partners and product leaders and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected.
What You'll Do
As a member of the ‘Software Simple’ Partner Scale team, you will lead key Cisco partners in identifying, pricing, proposing & closing Enterprise Agreements (EA) deals. In this role you will develop opportunities, build pipeline and execute to closure. We provide best-in-class sales, prospecting and revenue acceleration mentorship to the Cisco Partner Sales teams. This will include working directly with Partners as a subject matter authority on the Cisco Recurring Offer & Software Portfolio. You will support the entire sales process from prospect to close. You will be responsible for delivering value calculations & compelling proposals that directly address customer problems and emphasize hard & soft cost benefits. During the sales cycle, you will advocate for your Partner teams and ensure a smooth end-to-end process and handoffs, demonstrating Cisco’s ability to meet and exceed stated SLA’s. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with Cisco and our Partners’ Operations, Finance, Product Management, Engineering, Customer Experience, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and insights and ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
- Drive incremental software revenue through partners exceeding revenue targets
- Guide the ever-evolving software sales process from prospect to close, with a focus on horizontal execution excellence to achieve speed & scale objectives.
- Develop sales proposals & TCO’s for EAs.
- Maintain FAQ knowledge base to encourage independent selling.
- Demonstrate ownership of your aligned partner business and provide advisory for “How To” type process questions.
- Provide end-to-end process support of the software portfolio, with a focus on EAs including offer structure, legal, finance, and sales process.
- Proactively handle customer issues and extended team involvement (Legal, Finance, Ops).
- Maintain knowledgebase and deliver closed-loop feedback to ensure continuous process optimization.
- Reporting & Trending on relevant metrics across the portfolio.
- Communicate progress towards stated goals, continuing to refine platform, process, and policy to automate for the partners.
Who You'll Work With
We are one winning team effectively driving incremental revenue through partners and facilitating initiatives with multi-functional teams. What makes this role fun and dynamic is demonstrating your ability to influence and collaborate across partners and internal teams. You will be the critical navigator for the partners and field as we sail through uncharted waters. Your outstanding communication skills will have you presenting to front line field/partner teams, as you shorten the sales cycle and simplify selling software for the field.
Who You Are
- Enterprising – you are creative and hardworking
- Organized – you are on top of everything
- A phenomenal teammate – we have a collaborative environment
- Positive – we bring solutions, not problems
- Passionate – we all love what we do
- Results-oriented and able to work autonomously in ambiguous situations.
- Awareness of what and when to escalate to break down barriers, and drive decision-making.
- Excellent oral & written skills
- Knowledge of recurring offer portfolio, & specifically Enterprise Agreements & Buying Programs and ability to translate technical capabilities to business offerings
- Great at presentation software (aka ppt) and excel spreadsheets
- 3 years industry experience. Sales experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Ability to travel 20% domestically
- Coachable and with an appetite for learning
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!