Leader, Software Engineering
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Who We Are
Today’s sophisticated business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need extraordinary talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operations by maximizing the power of technology, the best of business processes and superior data insights. Together, we will Reimagine the Cisco experience. Show the world how to Reinvent applications and utilize the future of the Internet to Showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us and make this journey together!
What You’ll Do:
As a Leader in DES, you will be responsible for the Delivery and Operations of Partner Evolutioon and Digitation Service that are being built to support Cisco's Global Partners. In this role, you will:
- Build, handle, mentor, and lead a highly functioning team of technical & functional employees
- Be a domain specialist of Partner Engagement and Partner Relationship but you will also be responsible for the end-to-end solution and contribute towards delivering the architecture blueprint
- Develop and drive the implementation of solutions for business problems associated with Partner onboarding and lifecycle
- Provide guidance to ensure delivery meets quality & security standards and can scale to business needs. Bring industry and outside in perspectives to drive continuous improvement & delivery excellence
- Drive multi-functional planning of key initiatives by partnering with product and project functions, engineering functions, sales, finance, and other business partners
- Align prioritization of team’s capacity to support business objectives while managing changes to the priorities and roadmap
- Demonstrable ability to effectively influence stakeholders within a dynamic environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven track record to build successful relationships and partner with all levels of organization
- Deliver quarterly business reviews, monthly updates, and other regular communication with executive leadership
- Have a can-do outlook towards work that is hands on, strategic, accountable, ethical, collaborative, hard-working and productive
Who You'll Work With
The DES organization is passionate about technology not just to be innovative, but we transform innovation into value for Cisco. We are responsible for delivering world-class capabilities that enable Cisco sellers and partners to transform customer engagement and the buying experience. We are poised to take an established business to the next level, by anticipating customer needs. Our customers are not just industry leaders but are redefining the world through the empowerment of technology - with Cisco by their side.
On a daily & weekly basis you will interact with key business partners in Global Partner Organisation, Finance, Business Operations, and Customer Experience teams. You will work with stakeholders on major cross-functional, transformation programs. In addition, you will work with on-site/offshore development teams, business and technical architecture groups, business analysts, and other teams that enable data & metrics.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree
- 1+ years of experience in delivering cloud native and custom-built web applications and:
- 3+ years of People/Talent Management experience covering hiring, mentoring, growing and Performance Management of a team of robust individuals
- Excellent design, development skills along with problem-solving & analytical skills
- Solid understanding in cloud-based application development and management
- Solid project management experience
- Demonstrated ability of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines and tools, such as Jenkins, Git, and SonarQube
- Demonstrated ability to work with Salesforce software
- Demonstrated knowledge of highly available and scalable data services and data intensive applications using Oracle and Snowflake is preferred
- Well versed in software development lifecycles, agile & lean delivery methods, and DevSecOps
- Successful track record of leading multi-functional projects including the ability to think end-to-end and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Solid experience in planning and managing a delivery budget
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to achieve business objectives
- Results oriented and passionate in delivering business value
- Collaborative and open style with a constructive and positive attitude
- Experience in Partner Lifecycle services related process, tools, and applications
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!