Leader, Software Engineering (012)
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking
What You'll Do
Cisco provides you an excellent opportunity to take your career aspirations forward.
You will bring your unique talents to the Cisco CSG Internet of Things (IoT) group that builds intelligent networking products and platforms for many different IoT applications. In your role as a Manager, you will lead a dynamic team and participate in the process of defining product roadmaps. Your skills will shine through when you successfully motivate the engineers within your team to deliver high-quality products/features on time, every time, even as you take care of their personal growth. Besides this, you will also interact with senior leadership to work towards aligning your BU's goals with that of the company.
Who You'll Work With
As a crucial member of this team, you will manage a team of seasoned engineers.
You will have the opportunity to architect, design, and develop some of the industrial features which continuously evolving towards enabling the support of newer and exciting customer business paradigms.
You will be interacting and working closely with some of the finest talent pool in the industry – where you will find that work is both fun and challenging.
Who You Are
Delivering products of excellent quality combined with effectively leading a bright group of engineers is what drives you. To ensure this, you have a thorough understanding of real time OS architectures, knowledge of switching, routing, wireless, and security. You possess the necessary skills to work in a highly collaborative, inclusive, and agile atmosphere in partnership with cross-functional teams including business partners
• MSEE/CS with 12-15 years of experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 14-17 years of related experience, or equivalent.
• 6-8 years of experience of people management experience.
• Experience with real-time O/S (VxWorks, pSOS/FreeRTOS or IOS, Linux, etc.)
• Expertise in using Unix/Linux development tools, and Linux virtualization.
• Experience in network processor programming, POSIX thread programming.
• Experience with PCIe, I2C and Ethernet.
• Strong communication (verbal, writing and presentation) and leadership skills.
• Experience in handling customer escalations.
• Strong track record in hiring, developing and retaining high quality talent
• Knowledge on multiple software development models like Waterfall, Agile,.etc
Good to have:
• Excellent knowledge of L2/L3 technologies: LAN (Ethernet, QoS, VLAN, 802.1q/.1p, QinQ, IGMP, etc), WAN (DHCPv4/v6, PIM, NAT, …), TCP/IP fundamentals, multicast protocols, network synchronization, segment routing, SDN, manageability (telemetry, gRPC, SNMP, Netconf/Yang, etc.)
• Experience of PTP/1588, SyncE, networking protocols and industrial protocols is a plus.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.