Leader, Product Operations BI (11+ Years, People Manager role)
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Internet of Everything
What You'll Do
We need a BI leader who sets the strategy and drives execution across Product Operations data and analytics initiatives. Because you'll lead a team and scale the India site, we expect a proven leader who will be accountable for outcomes while driving quick results. Outcomes will consist of managing relationships across global team, managing Product Ops data strategy, and leading several analytics and AI projects across product lifecycle processes.
You will be working directly with executives, managers and clients to identify the biggest opportunities, understand technical requirements, assess potential business impact as well as alignment with Cisco's overall priorities and principles. You will drive leads forward from initial scoping through prioritization and implementation. Successful candidates for this position will have an ability to multi-task, navigate ambiguity, adapt quickly to changing business requirements, learn new systems, gain new skills, and find creative, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
· Work closely across BUs and Product Ops verticals to identify the biggest pain points that can be addressed through the power of AI/ML capabilities
· Coordinate and drive individual projects and manage a team of Data Analysts and Scientists
· Drive the design, development and implementation of the BI platform to provide stakeholders with access to unstructured and relational data
· Conduct deep dive analyses and translate requirements into effective data visualizations and analytical solutions
· Partner closely with other Data & Analytics, IT and partnering teams on the day-to-day execution of analytics, projects and initiatives
· Champion the adoption of self-service analytic tools and reporting environments
· Shape, scope, and structure programs that will deliver outstanding impact across functions and leverage the best of AI/ML
· Drive the future direction of the strategy and services delivered by the team and will be held accountable to results measured and KPIs.
· Provide weekly updates on initiatives and pipeline progress to senior management
Attract and retain talent building a high performing team
Who You'll Work With
You'll be part of the Product Operations Central Management team driving innovation across Operations and Supply Chain. You will interface broadly with leaders across the Business Units, Operations, and IT. You will be the leader of our team in Bangalore engaging with employees & stakeholders leading the operations and being accountable for results.
Who You Are
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field (or equivalent experience)
· 5+ years of Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Engineering development experience
· 2+ years of experience leading a high-performance BI and Data engineering team
· Extensive experience in designing and implementing reporting solutions and self-service analytics using tools such as Tableau
· Advanced skills in data visualization tools like Tableau, Thoughtspot, Power BI, & SQL
· Solid experience in relational and dimensional datasets, data warehouses, and ETL techniques to deliver BI solutions in a business environment with complex datasets
· Experience with Snowflake data warehouse and reporting technologies
· Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload and roadmaps
· Demonstrated passion for people leadership, management and mentoring
· Proven ability to hire, retain and grow a team of extremely talented engineers
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teams
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with Agile methodologies
- 2 years of experience working with AI/ML technologies.
· Ability to think big, understand business strategy, provide consultative business analysis, and leverage technical skills to create insightful, effective BI solutions
· Experience in applying AI/ML capabilities to real world problems.
· Experience in qualifying and structuring business engagements that rely on cloud and AI/ML technologies.