Leader, Product Management
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
This product management leadership role is an exciting position driving evolution of management and orchestration products within the Cisco Intersight Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering, which is a key element of Cisco’s Compute and Cloud strategy. The ideal candidate will possess a broader view of datacenter technologies and be able to represent UCS as a whole to internal and external audiences. This is an opportunity to lead and be part of dynamic team of product managers responsible for recognizing market trends and identifying next generation data center needs around orchestration and automation of infrastructure and workloads.
- Understand the technical and business competitive environment with emphasis on at least two or more of the following areas: Virtualization, Compute, Network, Storage, Private Cloud and Hybrid Cloud technologies.
- Define and maintain a shared vision and roadmap for the future of Intersight Cloud Orchestration product portfolio and capabilities.
- Lead a team of highly skilled product managers while working upstream with product and engineering teams to ensure awareness and alignment of the priority and timing of critical features and changes to the current and future orchestration products.
- Manage all aspects of select new product offerings including concept validation, defining use cases, driving product requirements, pricing, developing marketing collaterals, demos, evangelizing with both internal and external audiences.
- Act as subject matter expert and provide technology guidance to the broader team in as it comes to automation/orchestration services as it relates to deployment of Enterprise, Cloud, Big Data and Mobile applications as well as engage closely with global sales teams to facilitate product ramp and sales
- Represent Cisco at industry conferences and trade shows.
Who You'll Work With
You will be working with a world-class team of like-minded individuals, pushing the envelope in building and supporting the next generation of Data Center and Cloud Solutions.
Cisco Cloud and Compute business unit is an innovative solution that unifies computing, networking, storage technology, and systems management into a single integrated architecture, has received strong support from customers since entering the server market over ten years ago and now evolving to meet the needs of customers as they branch to the Public Cloud. Cisco Intersight is an innovative SaaS platform that was built from the ground up with a growing install base of customers who will be managing the needs of their business in a multi cloud world.
Who You Are
- 10 years industry experience with 8+ years of experience in Product Management
- At least 5 years Software Product Management experience managing Datacenter product offerings in Network, Compute, Virtualization, Containers and Private Cloud.
- At least 2 years in the field of Orchestration
- You have a good Business Acumen and Judgement: Comfort with ambiguity and flexibility in the face of change. Drive the right decisions for your product and broader portfolio.
- Strong Knowledge in Datacenter Technologies (Compute, Network, Storage, Virtualization) and Private Cloud is required.
- Direct experience in SaaS and software defined network domain (SDN controller, Container networking, etc. across Private and Public Cloud Networking domains) will be a significant advantage,
- You are a graduate in CS w/ 10+ years industry experience. MBA or equivalent business experience strongly desirable.
- Strong technical knowledge of VMware, Hyper-V, KVM and Container deployment topologies is desirable
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI and other software-defined overlay network technologies from leading vendors is a distinct plus.
- SaaS, CI/CD, devOps and AWS / GCP / Azure experience ideal, but not mandatory
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills Strong strategy, analytic, and messaging skills as well as ability to effectively engage and influence customer, partner, sales team and cross-functional BU decision makers