Leader, Product Design
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Help us write the next chapter
You’ll be working on the future of collaboration management—bringing
together people, places, and things. One day, you could be working on
cloud-based collaboration experience. The next, designing
with our team in Oslo on managing HD video conferencing devices, which
Have won eight Red Dot awards. Your work will impact millions of people
- You’re a leader. You inspire and develop others to do their best work.
- You’re an evangelist. You’re passionate about building a design culture.
- You’re a craftsman/craftswoman. Your work shows you care.
- You know the masters. You understand why Dieter Rams, Paul Rand, Charles Eames, John Meada, and Barry Schwartz mean something.
- You leave your ego on the sidelines. You’re not in it for yourself. You understand it’s bigger than you.
- You’re humble.
- Mentorship—provide guidance to members of the design team on both hard skills (tools) and soft skills (communication, diplomacy).
- Contribute to building a design practice—create an environment that helps the team do their best work.
- Be a good partner—act as a partner for our engineering and product leads.
- Be an evangelist and influencer—contribute to and socialize ongoing
development of a design language and system, cross business unit initiatives, and ensure balance between customer needs and business objectives.
- Have a vision—think beyond just today. Identify opportunities for the future, then help our partners and stakeholders create a strategy for how we’ll get there.
- Be a buffer—give your team some breathing room from higher level stuff so they can focus on their work.
Evangelize good design practices, principles, and patterns.
- Work on web and mobile applications for managing people, places, and things in the collaboration space.
- Be intentional.
- Be bold, yet humble.
Experience and Skills
- Managing teams of 3-5 or more.
- Know how to use a pencil and paper, or a dry erase marker and
- Results outshine a pedigree. Degree in design or psychology related
field preferred. Bonus points if you graduated from a design school
- Minimum of 7-9 relevant years experience.
- Ability to take a little direction and deliver well thought out designs.
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts with passion and integrity.
- Comfortable working in Sketch, Keynote, or another prototyping tool
Ready to Change the World
Make sure to include a link to your portfolio which clearly shows your
ability to craft delightful experiences.
Please note, this is not a web design, or marketing/communications
design opportunity. Only candidates with previous experience designing
applications will be considered.
We’re pioneers. We have been since the early days of connectivity. As
the people who deliver the network that powers the internet, we connect
The unconnected. And the Internet of Everything is driving amazing new
Opportunities for us and our customers.
To make it happen, we’re building teams to expand our technology
Solutions in mobility, cloud, security, and collaboration. Imagine creating
unprecedented disruption. Your ideas will impact everything from retail,
Healthcare, and entertainment to public and private sectors. And
Sometimes even revolutionize them.
Recognized as a great place to work, we’re a company of innovators with
A culture that’s flexible and fun. Join us and help change how the world
Works, lives, plays, and learns.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!