Leader Data & Analytics
Location:San Jose, Costa Rica
Alternate LocationRemote, Costa Rica
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestSoftware Development
What are you responsible for?
- You will be responsible for delivery and management of data and analytics platform capabilities to support transformation programs in Cisco
- You will build, lead and mentor team of data platform architects and engineers to deliver and manage high robust data platform products
- You will mentor and guide architects and engineers to build the best career in Cisco and make it the best place to work
Who You'll Work With?
You'll be part of the team of data platform architects, engineers and agile scrum leads while being surrounded by a sophisticated, multifaceted, creative, and hardworking organization that is leading efforts to digitize and demonstrate data in ways it’s never been done before.
Who You Are?
- 10+ years progressive experience in building and managing powerful Data and Analytics Platforms like GCP BigQuery, Snowflake, Teradata, AWS, Tableau, PowerBI, Fivetran, dbt, SAP Business Objects etc
- Hands on experience in Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Snowflake or other cloud data platforms
- 5+ years of experience working in a technical management position and working with global teams
- 3+ years of people leadership experience focusing on career development and fostering teamwork
- Experience in operational support for critical systems
- Familiarity with Continuous delivery / Continuous Integration, software development practices, and tools like JIRA.
- Agile/Scrum Practitioner who also serves as a Coach and Mentor within the organization.
- Understand high-level technical architecture and be able to facilitate communication, conflict resolution and drive decisions on appropriate solutions.
- Solid sense of ownership for service delivery and passion for designing scalable and reliable data products
- Anticipate, manage, and resolve risks and issues, track progress against milestones, deadlines, and budget. Report on these items, including dependency information, to key stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Outstanding verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills and comfort communicating to senior and executive leadership to deliver message appropriately
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data traveling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges, and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and sizes to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.