Lead Site Reliability Engineer - Cloud Service Calling
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
Who You'll Work with?
You will work on Cisco Crosswork Network Insights, a cloud-based service providing a rich analysis of routing and network data, designed to significantly reduce the mean time to repair of networking issues.
What will You do?
As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer, you will design, build out, and maintain a highly available multi-tenant production cloud service. You'll play a key role on a next-generation Service Provider Network Automation Infrastructure team, and work in a startup like fast pace environment, developing Cisco's Software Defined Networking Infrastructure Software/Solution with high scalability, performance, openness/extensibility, and quality.
Who you are?
You have strong communication skills, believe that automation is a key component to operating a production cloud service, display an ability to spot long-term trends in a production web environment, and make certain that services are always available. You are able to clearly articulate problems and solutions to engineering or non-engineering partners and use strong troubleshooting and analysis skills to deep-dive into a problem and drive it to a satisfactory technical and business resolution.
- You'll have 8+ years of SRE/infrastructure experience
- Comfortable working with new technologies
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems, with experience working with the shell, the kernel, system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols
- Experience with network concepts (IPv4/6, TCP/IP, load balancing, etc) and common Internet protocols (http, https, dns, ftp etc.).
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Experience with containers at large scale
- Experience with databases and performance tuning
- Experience with distributed systems and highly scalable systems
- At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
- Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results.
- Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.