Lead Site Reliability Engineer - Cloud Security
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security, Software Development, Testing
Who You'll Work With:
Cisco is offering an extraordinary opportunity to drive transformation in security products through a low process, high throughput culture. Cisco Cloud Security Group is at the forefront of developing cloud-delivered security needs and challenges of our customers. With an annual revenue exceeding $200M, it is one of the fastest growing businesses at Cisco. As Cisco is transforming its business model aggressively to a software and recurring revenue model, our cloud security business is leading this journey with 100%+ YoY growth in software recurring revenue.
Working at Cisco Cloud Security means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with creative ideas, world-class research and unrivalled products and services. It’s a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won’t be long before you witness the results of your hard work.
Who you are:
- 10+ year experience in SRE or software development
- Experience scaling large-scale transaction production systems for operational resiliency
- Solid knowledge in Linux kernel, networking, and internet technology
- Enjoy troubleshooting and root cause complex issues across micro-service architecture
- Automation with Java, Python, or Go
- Experience with one or more virtualization platforms docker, Openstack, Kubernetes
- Experience with one or more monitoring and virtualization tools such as Prometheus, Nagios, Datadog, Grafana
- Experience with supporting 12*4 oncall rotation
What You'll Do:
- Design and implement frameworks to scale up product line
- Provide expertise in measure, monitor, and improve availability, resilience and latency across micro-services
- Lead automation efforts to streamline global deployment effort
- Mentor junior team members
- Participate in 12*7 oncall rotation
Why Cisco Cloud Security
Cisco Cloud Security enables you to securely adopt the cloud and better manage security for the way the world works today. It protects users against threats anywhere they access the internet and secures your data and applications in the cloud. You can also leverage the cloud to enhance security through simplified policy management and dynamic threat intelligence. With Cisco Cloud Security, you gain complete visibility into internet activity across cloud applications, all office locations, and roaming devices, plus faster threat detection and response. Cisco Cloud Security provides an effective security platform that is open, automated, and simple to use. And it’s backed by industry-leading threat information delivered by the Cisco Talos security intelligence and research group.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!