Lead, Product Design/Mechanical Engineer
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking, Wireless, Mobility
Meraki’s products balance a sleek, seamless aesthetic with the complex thermal challenges and manufacturability considerations inherent to intricate electronic systems. We need a Design Lead to help guide and mentor our team of Product Design Mechanical Engineers, someone who wants to put their knowledge of mechanical engineering toward the task of designing beautiful products that seems effortlessly chic.
As our products increase in number and complexity, you will be responsible for overseeing the practical aspects of design: collaborating with our Hardware Program Managers on its form and function, working with manufacturers on iteration, and overseeing the transition of the product from concept sketch to mass production.
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering required. Master's degree a plus.
- 8+ years experience designing complex consumer electronics and 3+ years experience mentoring and coaching junior designers.
- Strong CAD skills with industry standard software (Creo preferred) and strong ID and surfacing skills
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes and DFM.
- Demonstrable experience with part and product design validation.
- Successful track record overseeing detailed mechanical design by ODM/JDM partners.
- Working knowledge of high volume manufacturing processes, including but not limited to: plastic injection molding, die casting, and sheet metal forming.
- Unparalleled mechanical and design intuition.
- Strong sketching abilities.
- Guide and coach mechanical team members through design process
- Provide technical guidance to cross-functional product line teams
- Share learnings across team members and drive design reviews
- Own your own design programs, from ID concept through mass production and sustaining
- Passionate about industrial design and the user experience
- Fiercely collaborative. You invite and act on different points of view. You connect others and believe in the power of sharing ideas
- Able to travel up to 15% to Taiwan and China.
Based in our sunny San Francisco office with stunning views of the AT&T Ballpark and the Bay beyond, Meraki offers an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high quality snacks and cappuccino machines, catered lunches every day, and a generous benefits package.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.