Lead Network Engineer R&S @ Webex IaaS
Location:Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing, Wireless, Mobility
What You'll Do?
The Cloud Collaboration Cloud Engineering team is primarily responsible for the wide variety of services required to support multiple Cloud collaboration application micro-services in a DevOps model. As a Network Engineer you will work with distributed team of engineers who are responsible for maintaining and evolving the network as a service.
Other responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for projects, development, automation, and operations related to WebEx network and data center infrastructure.
- Create and/or improve the tools that provide insight into availability and performance of our services
- Create and deliver automation software required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of network systems, data center services, and OS delivery components
- Solve problems related to mission critical services and implement automation to pro-actively detect and prevent their re-occurrences along with driving down time to resolution
- Share in the creation of new designs and architectures for multi-region, multi-data center distributed systems
- Collaborate with application engineering teams in solving business needs with our services
- Partner with cross functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve incidents and customer cases.
- Partake in on-call duties for provided services (including weekends)
Who you'll work with
The Cloud Collaboration Cloud Engineering team is a dynamic group that is developing the next generation of cloud-based collaboration and mobile applications for Cisco. With a head start of 50 million users and nearly all Fortune 500 companies, this group leads the industry. Help change the way that people collaborate.
Who are you?
You are a talented Network Engineer with development experience or are a talented Developer with Network engineering experience, you have a passion for developing your technical expertise, diving deep into issues and uncovering and implementing the necessary actions that deliver systems and software stability. You will have a good background in, and understanding of software and opensource applications with a strong ability to troubleshoot interconnecting systems. Solid experience in coding Python or other languages with the ability to work closely with Application and Engineering teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate will be passionate about this role which involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and he/she will also believe that automation is key to operating large-scale systems.
Our minimum requirements for this role are as follows:
- BS, CS, or equivalent plus 5+ years progressive experience in network engineering, development or telecommunications support environment.
- Experience with Python
- Expertise on latest Cisco hardware and operating systems (CRS, Nexus, IOS-XR, NX-OS)
- IP internetworking and Routing & Switching.
- Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large scale network environment.
- WAN circuits and protocols (Ethernet, MPLS).
- Dynamic IP Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, PIM Multicast).
- Expertise in AS connectivity (eBGP, MPLS)
- Requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, work in a team environment, follow written policies and procedures, and maintain superior customer service at all times.
- Must exercise a reasonable amount of independent judgment under a minimum of supervision.
- Provide extraordinary service.
Other knowledge areas for this role are as follows:
- High Availability protocols and Global Server Load Balancing technologies
- Stateful firewalls, SSL, VPN
- Virtualization technologies, both networking (VRF, VDC, Nexus1kv) and compute (VMware, Openstack)
- Knowledge of network management, network availability and capacity planning.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Knowledge of Cisco ASA and or Firepower
- "Cloud" (supporting IaaS) experience desirable
- CCIE or equivalent is a plus.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.