Lead Engineer - Data Center and Automation
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
We are looking for an experienced Data Center, Network Ops & Automation Engineer to own the continuing expansion and automation of our Data Center, in San Jose, CA, with hands-on knowledge of infrastructure-as-code principles and who will help to grow DevNet Sandbox globally.
Own the design, build out and day-to-day management of the DevNet Sandbox Data Center including, Networking, Compute, Storage, Virtualisation and Monitoring, specifically involving:
- Racking of hardware, cable management, device configuration
- Routing and Switching Configuration
- Networking and IP Management
- Infrastructure & networking issue resolution
- Virtualisation platform management & Maintenance
- Maintaining a meticulously organised and assembled racking and cabling design policy
- First rate technical documentation of new and existing network designs, implementations, processes and tooling.
- Implement and support continuous improvement of Sandbox Data Center infrastructure design, operational tools and processes.
- Continuously automate the management and configuration of all aspects of the Data Center (networking, compute, storage), with a constant eye on decreasing operational issues and accelerating speed of deployment within DevNet Sandbox Data Centers.
- Manage tools used to deploy, monitor, troubleshoot, and operate Sandbox core infrastructure, lab topologies, and end user experience.
- Continuous knowledge development of NetDevOps Tooling and processes.
- Build understanding of Cisco technologies not just across networking, but collaboration, cloud, IoT and security
- CCNP (R&S) or equivalent
- 3+ years in Data Center Operations & Networking Management roles
- 3+ years’ experience with various Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, and Cisco IOS
- 1-2 years’ experience of production, hands-on data center automation tooling and development
- Familiarity with the Cisco product family beyond just networking and associated APIs
- Knowledge of DevOps & CI/CD tech & tooling such as Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Terraform etc.
- Experience using APIs, REST and SOAP web services
- Programming & scripting experience (examples: Python, PowerShell, YAML, JSON)
Combined with skills including:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn a variety of new platforms and tools
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to multi-task and manage rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to work across geographically dispersed teams
- Flexible, adaptable and pragmatic
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.