Lead Development Representative
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking
What You Will Find
Interested in being challenged and appreciated while embarking in a dynamic career? We offer an environment where colleagues become friends, where managers actively mentor and where creativity and ambition are valued.
You will discover a creative, flexible and award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technology to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities. You will receive best-in-class training on both technical concepts and sales processes, along with professional skills including communication, time management and building a professional brand.
Combined with regular coaching to develop your sales skills and build your professional network, you have an opportunity to learn from your peers, as well as share your best practices and coach others and help them grow.
If you enjoy working in a team environment, with a culture that is founded on collaboration, innovation, celebration and giving back to local communities, Cisco’s Virtual Demand Center is the place for you.
The Virtual Demand Center is one of Cisco’s fastest growing sales and marketing teams and is the talent engine for Cisco Sales & Marketing with diverse and motivated teams that consistently deliver profitable growth.
We serve our customers through a series of selling motions to drive higher value and an optimal experience from Cisco solutions to drive relevant business outcomes. We are a global, dynamic team that brings excitement to the sales environment every day. We connect Cisco customers with solutions that can transform their businesses and change the world for the better.
As a Lead Development Representative, you will gain a deeper understanding of Cisco’s solutions and customers. You will be surrounded by, learn from, and be inspired by some of the best marketing and sales professionals in the industry. You will be responding to and qualifying customer inquiries from various channels, working closely with the Business Development Representatives. You will receive continuous enablement and coaching, focusing on skills and attributes which will make you successful in your core role and get you set for future success.
What You'll Do
- Respond and qualify inbound inquiries generated from marketing campaigns and activities with the intent to book sales.
- Engage with customers and prospects and qualify by applying qualification criteria and defined touch patterns.
- Drive engaging and relevant conversations with the customers by matching our products and solutions to solve the customers’ business objectives.
- Execute effective transfer of qualified leads to Business Development Representatives .
- Strive to meet or exceed response time SLAs and demand-to-lead conversion.
Who You Are
If you have a passion for technology and the positive impact it can have on the world, we have a place for you.
- You are a self-starter with outstanding communication skills, who has a talent for starting conversations to uncover the customer’s needs
- You are comfortable with change and desire to work in a fast paced and high growth environment
- You are driven to succeed personally and as a phenomenal teammate, you are constantly looking to achieve your goals while also helping those around you succeed
- You possess a growth mentality and are dedicated to always learning and growing
- You invest in your self-development, focusing on the skills and attributes which will make you successful in your core role and get you set for future success
- You have a minimum of 1 of relevant work experience
- You are a critical thinker and possess problem solving skills
- You have strong multi-tasking, reading, writing and verbal communication skills
- Possess the ability to type at least 60 words per minute; candidate must be willing to take online typing test to validate speed and accuracy
- You are familiar with the Microsoft suite of applications and be willing to learn other sales tools and applications
- Fluent English required and fluent in any of these languages preferred: German, French, Italian, Spanish, Arabic and Polish.
We Are Cisco
- #WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
- We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
- Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
- So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.