Lead DevOps Cloud Developer - Cloud Platform Services
Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Security, Software Development, Testing
***MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HOLD A CURRENT TOP SECRET/SCI WITH FULL SCOPE POLY U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION***
Who You Are
You posses a track record of delivering hardened, fault-tolerant, high-availability designs and are lazy enough to automate tasks and smart enough to document them well (including Server Architecture diagrams). You posses a strong sense of ownership and urgency. You are a creative, strategic and critical thinker with a high attention to detail. You have the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines. You are always the Cool-head in a crisis and instill confidence in those around you while solving problems.
Who You’ll Work With
The Federal Area SSED Team is creating a team focused on accelerating security driven fabric architecture. We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to focus on Software and Cloud Development. The vision of the Public Sector organization is to help governments protect, educate, and serve citizens at the national, state, and local level. Our organization serves the State/Local Government and Education.
What You’ll Do
- Perform a wide variety of technical and administrative duties in overall systems design, development, and delivery.
- Work in conjunction with engineering, product management, and business groups to understand functionality, scalability, performance, security, and integration requirements.
- Lead the establishment and configuration of SaaS infrastructure in an agile way.
- Develop and implement instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services including fault detection, alerting, triage, and recovery (automated and manual).
- You are accountable for proper backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Develop, improve, and thoroughly document operational practices and procedures. Implement enhancements and practices for modern development principles and methodologies.
- Rapid deployment, automation, monitoring and troubleshooting around a cloud hosted environment.
- Develop and maintain tooling to assist with things like integration tests, performance tooling, building production and staging environments, CI systems, source control etc.
- Work in a small team of smart engineers who are focused on continual improvement of skills and learning new things.
- Automate repetitive tasks in the department's workflow.
- Create and build out the service delivery tool set and document it along.
- Use current and cutting-edge technologies while testing bleeding-edge technologies for future use.
- Break, then Fix, then Automate, Repeat.
Essential functions of the role include
- Running Linux application servers (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Fluid virtual infrastructures (VMware, Docker, AWS, OpenStack)
- Experience with Apache (Tomcat) / NGINx
- Networking, storage and sysadmin
- Database servers, preferably Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- SVN/GIT alongside Agile development processes
- Understanding of performance metrics from stress/load tests
- Various cache configurations, including Redislab
- Securing high-traffic properties (cloud and on-prem)
- Experience with build tools, preferably like Gradle or Maven
- Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Leading cloud-based Jenkins servers
- Jira <-> ZenDesk integration and Confluence
- Scripting and programming languages (Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Golang)
- Bachelor’s degree required
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us. #WeAreCisco