Junior Legal Counsel - BeLux
Location:Diegem, Brabant, Belgium
Area of InterestLegal
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security, Wireless, Mobility
What You’ll Do
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and sophisticated Junior Legal Counsel to join our legal team supporting Cisco's business mainly in Belgium-Luxembourg but also acting as support to other European countries such as Germany and France.
Your responsibilities include:
- Act as a trusted legal advisor to the business you support.
- Give accurate, timely advice to BeLux management team/ sales leadership and other functions on the questions that are put to Legal.
- Negotiate and close of all types of legal agreements entered into by Cisco, including direct sales agreements and other relevant documents.
- Participate in other projects as a legal subject matter expert.
- Help embed Cisco legal policy within the country teams and the relevant geographical business unit in order to minimize concerns. Educate and coach the team and the business unit in order to transfer key legal knowledge and approach across the team and to the sales force.
Who You’ll Work With
The EMEAR Legal team combines a truly collaborative environment with the diverse projects and initiatives, innovative technology, and multicultural atmosphere of a global corporation. Its managers are experienced, support flexible work practices and emphasize teamwork.
These attributes have built a dynamic and highly respected in-house legal organization within one of the biggest IT companies in the world. The business clients trust the legal team to act as agents for positive change and to conduct business with transparency and integrity.
Who You Are
You should have at least 3-5 years of commercial and corporate experience obtained at a top law firm practice, or multinational corporate legal department. We require motivated, self-reliant individuals with the ability to work within a large team and experience representing, or working for, large multinational corporations. You have a highly commercial approach and thrive in a sales environment. Excellent written and verbal skills in English, Dutch and French are needed; fluency in German will be considered a plus.
- Experience with technology contract issues including intellectual property, software licensing, data protection and security, and complex negotiations
- Experience with technology product sales go-to-market and contract motions, including distribution agreements, systems integrator agreements, and direct technology hardware sales, as well as associated services sales. Experience with managed services, cloud, and outsourcing-type arrangements also desired.
- Experience contracting with state-run entities, including defense procurement transactions, in one or more jurisdictions.
- Experience handling competition and antitrust legal issues in the context of the operations of a multinational corporation.
- Listen, empathize and handle needs, objections, issues, and concerns over contracts raised by internal clients and Cisco customers and their legal teams.
- Understand and work according to the commercial pressures of a sales business.
- Be prepared when needed to give advice that is urgent at speed. Be able to work and advise on ambiguous and dynamic situations.
- Focus on how to get things done rather than how not to. Bring the attitude of an enabler rather than a block to business.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco