Junior DevOps Engineer
Location:Crawley, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You'll Do
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer to take on a role within a traditional Service Provider infrastructure team with a particular focus on network infrastructure. You will bring in-depth experience of established DevOps practice in the Cloud service provider space, to help define our direction with the goal of enabling agility and automation in everything we do.
You'll help the infrastructure team drive improvement and expansion in our global solution to support the constantly evolving service profile in collaboration with the wider BroadCloud Engineering and Operations group.
You will be working collaboratively as part of a cross team group of highly skilled individuals to design a shared automation ecosystem and be responsible for developing and automating current and future processes. Taking a holistic view, you will work with others to understand how things are done today and apply critical thought to how this should be done tomorrow, reviewing key functionality/deliverables with a view to improve practice and monitoring wherever possible both with existing and emerging technologies.
In addition you will:
- Create, research and develop new automation solutions for infrastructure.
- Evaluate existing processes for the development of new/further automation using a value-based approach.
- Document automation standards to be followed by others.
- Identify new areas of automation.
The successful candidate will take on the challenge of defining a key part of our transformation and support its continued evolution with access to the best that Cisco and 3rd parties have to offer.
Who You'll Work With
Reporting to the Infrastructure Engineering Manager.
The Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer will be working within the BroadCloud Infrastructure Engineering team, a globally distributed group working collaboratively to improve and develop the BroadCloud offer. Making use of the best Cisco has to offer by integrating these products with the wider spectrum of 3rd Party services to provide a best in class Cloud service.
With a depth of Service Provider experience in the Unified Communications space the team leverages this to drive innovation whilst maintaining core service.
Who You Are
You are a highly inquisitive, motivated and driven person who takes time to research and understand the detail individually. Self-disciplined to manage multiple tasks in parallel with minimal oversight, yet capable of working collaboratively in a team possibly in a leading role with a proven record of delivering large scale projects.
You should have an expert knowledge of current best practices and products available for automation and management. Experience with large-scale Network implementation and management.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Infrastructure/DevOps Management experience ideally in a Service Provider environment
- Experience developing and deploying Continuous Deployment/Delivery pipeline and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, GitHub, etc.
- Experience with at least one scripting language Python, Java, C, etc.
- Experience with templating schemas such as XML, YAML
- Experience with Cisco Container Platform or other Container based architecture
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills with a strong focus on documentation
- Experience of troubleshooting, automated testing and performance tuning
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and routing protocols, with experience of VoIP protocols (SIP/RTP) beneficial
- Working knowledge of Network Routing and Switching infrastructure, both Cisco and Juniper
- Experience of Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure
- Experience of F5 BIG-IP
- Experience with Cisco Network Services Orchestrator
- Experience with engineering and operating Unified Communications networks and associated components
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco