Jr Operations Project Manager
Location:Offsite, United Kingdom
Area of InterestAdministrative and Business Support
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
SAE GCWR Junior Operations Project Manager
The Global Competitive War Room Junior Operations Project Manager is focused on financial operations from a business perspective, supporting the business and enabling it to execute against its priorities, while improving organisational discipline.
Junior Operations Project Manager supports and guides the War Room team through Cisco policies and compliance requirements to ensure the business can still execute while reducing exposure and risk for Cisco. There is a fine balance that needs to be maintained to ensure the organisation trusts the information and guidance, while maintaining credibility and a strong relationship with our partners in other financial organisations at Cisco.
This role requires experience in not only working in a virtual and global environment with many levels of stakeholders, but also experience in operations and budget management, vendor engagement, procurement practices, knowledge of finance process and contingent/employee worker processes. Familiarity with the tools supporting these processes, as well as understanding the logistics required to manage and track transactions end to end.
To be successful in this role, the GCWR Junior Operations Project Manager must be a proactive communicator, willing to build and maintain strong and trusted partnerships with various stakeholder groups. Pays attention to the details, willing to follow up and follow through to completion, with a passion for sharing information and educating others. Has a structured and organised approach to documentation, process improvement, and transactional monitoring.
Skills and Experience Required
- 2-5 years Project Management experience, project management certifications a plus
- Strong MS Word, PPT, Excel, Project/Smartsheet skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to build good working relationships with peers and internal partners.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Adapt communication style to different audiences.
- Comfortable with working remotely within a virtual team environment.
- Cross cultural awareness, working with global teams in multiple time zones.
- Knowledgeable with Cisco’s internal procurement processes and compliance policies.
- Able to self-manage without daily direction, proactively seeks information to solve issues.
- Accounting and budget management experience a plus.
Specific Tasks Performed
- Works with Finance to understand the quarterly budget Commit (budget numbers) and allocates budget to various initiatives within their team.
- Works with key stakeholders to review budget requests and consolidates the requests for leadership prioritisation and execution.
- Confirms financial transactions for approval with finance and leadership team.
- Meets with finance during the quarter to review budget, transactions and accruals reporting.
- Consolidates approved budget transactions and matches against approved funding buckets.
- Follow up on funding commitments from other organisations to War Room, and budget is balanced across various execution agreements.
- Create, manage and monitor governance model to oversee War Room financial and operational responsibilities.
- Provides guidance and governance to War Room team members to ensure they follow compliance requirements when they submit financial/procurement transactions.
- Submits budget/funding justification documentation on behalf of stakeholders/SAE team members to show funding appropriateness.
Operations and Best Practice:
- Own and manage War Room team information on a collaboration platform to share financial and operational best practice to improve organisational knowledge and discipline.
- Engage with C-Worker agents on contingent workforce policies and guidelines, understand the process and requirements in order to support team onboarding.
- Support the organisation’s operations and financial impact during org changes.
- Negotiates and supports vendor/procurement contracts on behalf of War Room team, to ensure consistency in governance and cost control.
- Creates or assists in the development of contingent workforce statements of work (SoWs) via the C-Worker Process using Fieldglass tool to facilitate onboarding of temporary workers.
- Assists in new hire onboarding logistics for new War Room resources aligned to high priority initiatives.