Java Developer - WebEx Teams Micro-services
Location:Denver, Colorado, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
What You'll Do
The Cisco Cloud Collaboration Technology Group is seeking a Java Developer to be part of growing dynamic team of Software Engineers in Denver, CO. You will have an opportunity to contribute to the product development of our industry leading Collaboration micro-service applications called WebEx Teams.
- Develop and maintain the notification and end-to-end message encryption services for Webex Teams enterprise chat service and help bring seamless integration with the rest of the Webex portfolio.
- Develop back-end services using multi-thread core Java development, Redis and Spring framework
Who You'll Work With
The Cloud Collaboration Technology Group (CCTG) is a $2B business unit that develops industry leading Collaboration micro-services and mobile applications, and is an integral part of the $4.4B Collaboration portfolio at Cisco, which is investing heavily to transform the future of collaboration experiences for our end users.
CCTG's vision is to be the recognized industry leader in the Cloud Collaboration market as well as to be the industry beacon that attracts top talent.
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a highly empowered collaborative team who's passionate about the successful delivery of new features which make Webex Teams work.
Who You Are
You are a dynamic developer who is comfortable working in Java, python and the various shell and deployments scripts which glue together the whole development process. You are able to review complex code written by others while debugging, find the bug as well as refactor and make it simpler. You are able to communicate well and work with a group of developers across various geographic regions. You are able to review PM requirements and come up with a proposed solution. Disagree then commit is your motto.
Minimum Job Requirements
- BS/CS/EE Degree or equivalent in addition to a minimum of 2+years of distributed application development experience using core Java
- Previous relational database experience
- Must be familiar with the development of Cloud micro-services.
- Previous experience using Spring framework.
- Previous experience with multi-threaded programming
- Must be a team player and possess excellent communication skills
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.