Java Developer / AWS Cloud / 8+ years / Software Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
Who You'll Work With
You will join a fast-moving, multi-talented Engineering team where new features are delivered to customers multiple times a week. We have a diverse set of skills, so you'll learn and grow every single day. We are Umbrella's Security team and our mission is to improve the underlying technologies that drive Umbrella Security. We work on features big and small in order to build the best security solution in the world. This team does it all, so you'll never be bored, and you'll constantly be learning new technologies.
What You'll Do
We are passionate about delivering amazing experiences to our customers. We believe software can truly change the world and how it gives and receives customer service and it is our mission to be the leader in this space. To enable this vision, we are looking for a passionate, smart, and motivated Software Engineer
Design, build, test and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting millions of customers
Deploy and monitor products on Cloud platforms
Develop and implement best-in-class monitoring processes to enable services to meet SLAs
Work with other engineers in building high-quality and highly resilient scalable products
Who You Are
You are a Software Engineer that enjoys wearing many hats, a self-starter that's willing to jump headfirst into the codebase and start improving it immediately. You're happy working in a continuous delivery environment, and reaching out across teams to solve problems. You are comfortable working in Java, Python as well as working with AWS in general.
- BE/BS, with 8-10 years of experience in software development
- Professional software development experience in Java/J2EE, Spring, Spring boot, Micro-services
- Hands on experience in implementation of RESTful APIs
- Hands on experience in AWS cloud environment
- Experience or exposure with Radis
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins and GIT
- Sound knowledge of Design patterns, OOPS concept
- Experienced in developing multi-threaded application
- Programming experience in a Linux (or Unix) based environment
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Strong teammate, with the ability to actively contribute in teams with different skill and experience levels
- Experience working with multi-functional teams comprising of Product managers, Technical Marketing, Technical Sales, UX teams
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Python
- Unit and system test automation
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience in containers and orchestration technologies, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience in RDBMS or NoSQLs
- High level of curiosity about network security with meaningful experience in development of cloud applications
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take ambitious steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.