IoT Wireless Solution Architect
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
What You'll Do
The IoT Solutions team builds end to end solutions, which includes, Cisco IoT Networking, Cisco IoT Edge Intelligence, Cisco core products and IoT partner products. IoT Solutions seeks a hands on wireless network solution architect to develop end to end IoT solutions/Cisco Validated Design (CVDs). In this role you'll lead the architecture, design, and solution test in lab and field environments to provide guidance for the industry solutions such as manufacturing, Oil and Gas, mining, transportations etc. The Internet of Things is ramping quickly in Cisco, this is your opportunity to join an organization whose day job is the IoT!
Who You'll Work With
Our team of skilled engineers and architects are busy developing and validating solutions for key IoT customers and industries. We work with business leaders, field teams, services and partners, to develop solutions which help our customers solve critical business problems. If you're looking for a place to develop and demonstrate a broad range of technical skills and expertise, IoT solutions engineering is the place to be.
Who You Are
You will demonstrate deep technical knowledge of networking technologies with a strong focus on end-to-end network architecture. You will have hands on knowledge and experience implementing these architectures with your keen networking and problem solving skills. You will also have an open and engaging collaboration style with a high level of energy and initiative.
Our requirements for this role:
- More than 10 years of experience in roles such as solutions/system integration and deployment, industry architecture, scale and performance testing, technical support, customer experience/services is required
- Knowledge of IoT sensors, gateways and cloud applications in the market is desirable.
- Understand the use case requirements and develop a detailed solution architecture, design and test plan.
· You have a strong knowledge of networking, and wireless technologies - Cisco unified wireless, Cisco autonomous AP, mesh, WI-FI, asset tracking, LTE, DSRC, LoRAWAN
- Hands on experience of the IoT wireless protocols is a must.
- You will work with engineering, product marketing, sales, and services to understand the business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- You should have strong troubleshooting skills in wireless, and networking.
- You will effectively utilize lab setups to debug broad and complex problems and submit complete bug reports while monitoring reports of other engineers for quality.
- You will support Engineering and product organizations on future product development.
- Optional but an advantage: Programming/Scripting such as Python
Why Cisco We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.