IoT Product Manager - Customer Adoption
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Cisco is the market leader in the Managed Industrial Ethernet Switching space. We are passionate about contributing to the success of our Industrial customers in their endeavor towards digital transformation and to continue gaining market share for Cisco Industrial Ethernet switches.
We are looking for a compelling Product Manager with a “make it happen” demeanor to join our IoT Industrial Switching Product Management team. In this exciting role, you will be empowered to make an impact, establish a reputation, and position yourself for continued growth. You will gain exposure to diverse industrial verticals, be involved in the digitization initiatives of our customers and get an opportunity to contribute towards their success by creating unprecedented value.
Who you are
- Expertise and experience with networking technologies and architectures for main industrial vertical markets
- Experience in a previous role deploying or in pre-sales for management or other networking related software
- Experience with Cisco IoS and IOS XE software platform
- Experience with Cloud platforms and basic scripting
- Strong communication skills including ability to persuasively deliver presentations to partners, customers and senior executives
- Ability to define and drive customer software adoption or change management processes
- Experience working cross-functionally and with partners and top customers
- Passion and energy to drive initiatives with impact
Role & Responsibilities
- The role works closely with our sales team, solution team, product managers, engineering team, and marketing to:
- Ensure post-sale successful customer adoption and easy, simple customer on-boarding, to scale and increase the business and adoption of Cisco IoT OD software platform with our IoT networking hardware.
- Increase IoT OD success rate and customer retention by providing to our partners/customers introductory and welcome calls relative to IoT OD platform. Provide knowledge transfer and follow ups with interval/duration based upon customer pace or milestones
- Help to improve the IoT OD platform with our IoT networking hardware, providing direct customer/partner feedback to product managers and product engineering.
Good understanding of switching technologies
Good understanding of Industrial Solutions and customer use cases
Excellent analytical, inter-personal and organizational skills, strong problem-solving ability and high level of dedication
Experienced in leading cross-functional projects and teams
5+ years of product management or related experience
MBA is highly desired
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Who we are
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture enthusiast? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.