IoT PSS - Utility Expert
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking, Security
What You'll Do
Does selling IoT excite you? Are you an experienced sales professional wanting to be part of an industry leading solution sales team at the world’s top IoT technology provider? As an IoT Sales Specialist, you will play a key role on the Cisco sales team, selling innovative end-to-end solutions to our customers. Your focus will be selling our Industrial Networking portfolio and Kinetic (which includes Kinetic for Industries and Connected Safety and Security).
Who You'll Work With
You'll part of Cisco's Global Specialists team and will lead the sales motion by working collaboratively with Cisco account teams, channel partners, and end customers to grow IoT sales revenue. You will also work with Cisco’s product management, industry solutions teams and others to drive strategy and deliver results.
Who You Are
You love a challenge and want to drive technology innovation globally, you a thinker, a creator, a leader, a maker. Connecting everything - from things to systems to people – for the betterment of the planet excite you. You're a quota carrying overachiever who consistently delivers against your forecast and goals. Is landing a new customer and closing the big deal what you wake up for every day? Do you want to be part of an amazing, high-energy, rapidly growing business at Cisco?
If the questions above get you excited, you have a deep sales background with strong product positioning expertise and exceptional closing skills, and a positive, hard-working attitude, then Cisco IoT is where you belong.
- You have a strong IoT background managing large, complex, technology sales requiring C-level executive support
- You have carried a quota and consistently met/ exceeded your forecast
- You are comfortable speaking in front of large audiences which will include a mix of technologists, thought leaders, and industry professionals.
- You have experience in selling industrial networking, wireless, cloud, analytics, and video surveillance
- You have experience working in an overlay sales role and thrive on customer success and business outcomes helping account teams build relations with both IT and OT
- You have experience selling through channel partners
- You have cross industry experience - in Energy (Power Utilities and Oil & Gas), Transportation
- Have experience in providing business visibility to management as well as field stakeholders with forecasting, planning, regular business reviews, etc.
- You are efficient selling remotely or in-persona and traveling up to 50% of the time
- IOT Expert who has worked for 5+ years selling IOT hardware and/or platforms
- Direct sales/account management experience at Cisco, or one of our partners or competitors
- Strong working knowledge of the industrial networking
- You have worked at IOT start-ups and/or large enterprise organizations
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments
- Strong background and proven track record dealing with strategic customers in Western Australia
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. Do you have tattoos? It’s totally cool to show off your ink! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. Be you, be with us!
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.