IoT Incubate Sales Business Development Representative
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)CISCO locations in the USA
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Are you a multifaceted go getter who is energized by helping others and driving tasks to close with high success? Have a passion for driving change, influencing decisions and supporting cross functional teams? Want to experience a fast-paced environment where you will be encouraged to fail fast, pivot quickly, and challenge the status quo? This role is a unique opportunity to learn the Cisco organization fast and kick start your career, with an amazing growth path ahead.
Internet of Things at Cisco has experienced a period of growth as the direct result of increased market share, strategic sales initiatives and IoT portfolio awareness. To continue on this trajectory, we’re searching for a highly driven and organized sales business development assistant to work closely with our Global IoT Incubate & Sales team. From day one, the role will have an immediate impact on our productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments. The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic and outcome focused personality with a competency to adapt.
What You’ll Do/ Key Priorities
- Support the IoT incubate sales team in planning, executing and closing a variety of sales, marketing, communications projects necessary for successful go to market strategies and tactical activities.
- Drive focus and accountability on the tactical activities whilst recognizing the overall strategic objectives of the organization and how it fits into the larger picture.
- Will be responsible in managing short- and long-term projects for the global IoT Incubate & Sales team whilst handling scope & timelines accordingly.
- Support enablement & training campaigns for internal sellers, partners and customers.
- Manage & leverage business processes systems and tools to support the organization.
As part of the IoT team, you will primarily work closely with the IoT Americas regional sales and incubate team. Additionally, you’ll regularly work cross functionally with the IoT commercial office, routes to market team, business unit, product marketing and events teams, as well as other stakeholders across the company.
Who you are
- Enthusiastic, curious, determined, independent.
- Demonstrate excellent business insight and resource management without functional authority.
- You have extraordinary communications skills with strong capabilities in project management to drive team members to success.
- You’re dedicated to constant learning and growth.
- You are decisive and can take initiative.
- You will have the ability to drive focus on the tactical activities but can also see the overall strategic objectives of the team and how it fits into the larger picture.
- Someone who is able to build relationships at all levels of the organization with the ability to influence a direct and virtual team
- Have the ability to understand a strategy and drive the necessary communications to ensure its success
- Someone who is curious, innovative and digital-savvy, with some experience in message creation and storytelling.
- Someone who likes a challenge and is willing to give their point of view, whilst offering ideas and solutions
- A talented and empathetic collaborator.
- You demonstrate an ability to work across multiple communications as well as a strong urge to learn and share your knowledge of the business.
- You love working in a fast-paced environment, self-motivated and can thrive under pressure.
- Experience with navigating various environments where culture and structure vary within the organization with political navigation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field; Communications/Marketing/Event Management.
- Proficient in the following software tools: Microsoft Office 365: Excel, Word, and Power Point.
· Familiarity with Cisco tools and processes.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!