IoT Hardware Design Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking
What You'll Do
You in this role will be responsible for hardware systems and board design leading to hardware products in the emerging IoT spaces and verticals, from product concept inception through development & testing to mass production. You will be exposed to and immersed in various elevated design constraints and challenges unique to IoT product spaces and ecosystems. In the high-growth and fast-evolving IoT area, there is never a dull moment.
Who You'll Work With
Can you push envelopes and work across boundaries? Do you excel both as an individual designer and in team environment? You will be designing, implementing and enabling world's best IoT solutions. You will own the hardware design, validation and support manufacturing testing. You will collaborate with marketing, software, and third-party vendors. You will also work with JDM/ODM and CM partners. Together, we will lead in IoT solutions and transform the industry.
Who You Are
- BSEE/CE with 4+ years of experience or MSEE/CE with 1+ years of experience
- Hands on experience with electrical design & measurement equipment
- Knowledge of fundamental hardware blocks & subsystems - CPU/microcontrollers, High-speed signaling like LVDS, LVPECL, etc. and PCIe, USB, DDR, clocking, basic signal integrity & power integrity
- Hands on experience with electrical design and measurement equipment - oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, TDR, traffic generators (Ixia, Spirent), etc.
- Familiararity with networking protocols like 802.3 10/100/1000, 802.3ae, 802.3af, 802.3ba etc.
- Sound troubleshooting & diagnostic methodology
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others - both internal & external teams
- Ability to learn things quickly & adapt to a dynamic, fast paced work environment
- A "can do" attitude, independent thinking & ability to articulate complex technical issues in an effective manner
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.