IoT Development Engineer - Protocols L2/L3
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You'll Do
As a Software Engineer, you will develop and execute platforms and software for the emerging Internet of Things (IoT) market. Good communication skills and ability to work with a cross-functional and geographically diverse team is expected.
Who You’ll Work With
The Team -The Core Software Group - Internet of Things (CSG-IOT) is responsible for Cisco's product portfolio for the emerging Internet of Things (IoT) market. The group develops variety of products suited for manufacturing, smart grid, transportation,
physical security and embedded use-cases.
Internet of Things is a very large market transitions and one of the focus areas for Cisco. Work in this area provides for a technologically exciting journey and growth of the area presents rewarding career path.For further information, please
Who You Are
An engineer with bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related engineering discipline
(MS preferred). 8-12 years of experience as an individual contributor. CCNA, CCNP, or other Cisco certifications will be a plus.
• Good programming skills in C and python
• Good understanding of data structures
• Experience in L2 / L3 Network development
• Platform development experience
• Hands on experience in development of networking stack
• Experience in UT Automation using Python
• Good understanding of TCP/IP based network protocols
• Good communication skills and a positive attitude
• Good understanding of real time operating systems
• Experience in Cisco networking stack like IOS or IOS-XE.
• Experience in Industrial Ethernet protocols
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere,
taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.