Internship - Cyber Security (Bachelor/Master) - Germany
Area of InterestSecurity
Start Date: Summer 2023; Fulltime; 6 months
The main purpose of this position is to gain experience while providing support to the Cisco Talos Incident Response (CTIR) Team functions. This position will support the global distributed team which analyzes and responds to cyber incidents affecting any of our customers
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a distributed team of highly empowered Incident Responder, Incident Commander, and Cyber Threat Intelligence professionals who work as a collaborative team passionate about helping our clients be both better prepared to defend against adversaries on their network, as well as responding to active incidents within their environment.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct host forensics, network forensics, log, and triage analysis in support of incident response investigations
- Assist CTIR incident responders with tasks related to incident response and computer forensics services
- Assist CTIR red teamers with task related to assess the exposure level of our customers and identify threats that could be used by an adversary
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and teams
- Learn digital forensics and incident response tools and techniques
- Gain understanding of cyber incident responses processes via live training with analysts
- Recognize and safely apply attacker tools, tactics, and procedures
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
What You'll Need:
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor or masters degree
- Knowledge and/or experience in at least 3 of the following:
- Common Internet protocols, applications, and cyber threats
- Windows artifacts and memory forensics
- Incident response process and digital forensic techniques
- Threat Intelligence techniques
- SOC monitoring
- Penetration Testing / Red Team / Purple Team
- Understands the essential architecture of network and distributed environments (authentication, access controls, OS behavior, network behavior, DNS, etc.)
- Good communication skills and professional demeanor
It's a Plus if You Have:
- Understanding in depth of Unix/Linux/Mac/Windows operating systems
- Work experience with incident response and forensic techniques
- Work experience in offensive security
Cisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses.
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco are always looking to identify talented people. If you are reading this posting then we may not have an open job right now, however it is highly likely we will in the future. If you are interested in working for Cisco in this capacity then please submit your details and CV or resume against this requisition so that when a suitable vacancy arises a Cisco representative can contact you directly.
Please note that vacancies will be filled on a rolling basis after opening and we will close applications as offers are accepted; possibly before the stated deadline. Therefore, we highly recommend you submit your application as early as possible in order to be considered for the opportunity of your choice
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.