Internship - Associate Consulting Engineer - Egypt - Start September 2022
Location:Cairo Al Qahirah, Egypt
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Internship Start Date: 6 September, 2022Duration: 12 months
Location: Virtual / Cairo Office, Egypt
Schedule: Part-time or Full time
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
So if your desire to work in leading-edge technology is matched by your drive to make a difference then the Engineering Internship is the right challenge for you.
What you will do:
Cisco Services Academy’s Internship Program is designed to provide you with practical opportunities to apply theory learned from the classroom to a professional work setting. You will be coached and mentored by some of the industry’s brightest minds who will help challenge and develop your skills. You will get the opportunity and resources to become a true technology expert when combined with your drive and motivation.
On an average day this means:
• Learn the foundations of Networking
• Work with a team of highly qualified professionals who serve worldwide customers.
• Solve technical issues, optimize workflows or enhance future products
• Develop an agile approach to learning, practice, troubleshoot and implement
• Develop a Services mindset. Learn how to prioritize, multitask and enable customer success
• Build your professional network. Practice how to communicate, share knowledge & ideas and work with diverse cultures
What we can offer you:
• 3 months technical training delivered by CX Academy
• 9 months shadowing with technology professionals to understand a broad range of Cisco Technologies
• Interaction with Cisco employees and clients all over the world
• Paid internship
What you will need to succeed:
• Currently pursuing a bachelor or a master degree in Networking, Computer Science, Communication Engineering or recent graduate eligible for internship
• You are fluent in English (written and verbal) and Arabic
• Must be able to work in Egypt without any visa sponsorship
• Technology enthusiast, who enjoys talking about innovation and always keeps up with the latest technology news.
• A strong communicator with the confidence to engage and talk to a wide range of people.
• View team collaboration as instrumental to achieving success.
• Enjoy looking at practical real-life challenges and thinking creatively to solve them.
• Approach situations with an open and curious mind, taking on challenges with an eye for opportunity.• Holding Cisco Certifications (e.g.,CCNA, CCNP) or industry recognized certifications is a plus.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.