Intent Based Networking (IBN) - Sales Business Development Manager
Location:Offsite, California, US
Additional Location(s)any major city in US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Who You'll Work With
The WW Intent Based Networking Sales team is a high-performing, experienced sales team focused on of the latest Networking technologies. Our goal is to have a broad impact on the Cisco sales organization to accelerate sales of our solutions while enabling customers and partners to be successful. The team influences innovation, technology and enablement to assist Cisco as it continues to evolve as a market leader, preserve top-line margins and offer unique customer solutions with differentiated advantages over the competition.
The scope of the deliverables includes establishing and implementing aligned GTM approaches, appropriate salesforce structure & compensation models, selling & deal management processes (e.g. systems and tools), field enablement, initial customer/partner engagement, change management, budget requirements etc. The Business Dev Manager will be responsible for developing sales’ overall plan of record and leading the project team through execution.
Success will require a strong understanding of the Cisco business and a thorough understanding of our operational model and processes. The Business Dev Mgr will engage a virtual integration team across the broader field sales organization – Geo’s, Segments, and Channels. As well, he/she will engage cross extensively with integration teams in other functions and will be an extended team member of the Corporate Acquisition Integration Leadership Team.
What You'll Do
We have an exciting Business Development Manager role open on our Intent Based Networking Sales team! We are looking for someone who will:
- Work closely with the BU and Global Sales leadership to build out new Go to market approaches and assist with Channel alignment
- Work closely with the BU and marketing to plan and execute upon the strategy for our marketing launches and external customer facing events
- Reach out to our direct sellers to understand their pain points and solution them
- Scale and build our Geo partnerships to employer them for success in selling the IBN portfolio of products
- Translate strategy and high level objectives into plans, tasks and tactics
- Engage joint sales teams to identify immediate and medium term revenue upsides
- Balance Sales functional requirements with the needs of Cisco’s business overall.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with GEO's, BU and Marketing functions.
- Deep & proven project leadership skills in a multidisciplinary and virtual team environment
- Strong operational and organizational skills – proven multi-tasker
- Executive relationship building, listening, influencing, communication, and facilitation skills
- Structured problem solving skillset take complex problems and break them down into components
- Creative, smart thinker scale steep learning curves quickly
- Attention to detail and ability to execute against tight timelines
- Effective change management skills
- Passionate about Cisco and our opportunity, and driven to succeed; “whatever it takes” attitude
Who You Are
- Understand Cisco's field organizations and processes... speak the language of the field. Also, acumen in finance and operations is valued
- Understand Cisco’s routes to market, go to market capabilities, sales ops processes & systems
- On time and on budget completion of Integration Projects
- Achieving business goals of acquisition
- Employee retention of an acquired business
- Successful handoff from integration to “Run the Business” teams
- Customer and employee Satisfaction
- Minimum BA/BS
- 10 years experience in managing sales operations/teams all functional areas or in one specific functional area.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.