Inside Sales Manager - ANZ
Area of InterestSales - Product
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
As a Meraki Inside Sales Manager, you will lead a team of Inside Sales Representatives across various geographic territories to achieve our sales and talent development goals within the market. You will be responsible for setting the direction and empowering the success of your Inside Sales team responsible for: new customer acquisition, existing account management, and leveraging our channel partners to accelerate growth.
What you will do:
- Hire, coach, and develop a passionate team of Inside Sales Reps to deliver against your sales goals and drive strong internal and external relationships in service of an outstanding customer experience and continued rapid growth.
- Set the tone for your team through your actions and words: Foster a culture of strong achievement, inclusiveness, collaboration, creativity, and accountability while being a champion for your team’s career development
- Coach and enable your Inside Sales Reps to grow as sales reps and hold them accountable for results (sales achievement and partner development).
- Invest in recruiting and growing the best talent, set employees up for a great onboarding experience, and provide candid feedback for continuous development.
- Build and drive territory strategy and priorities and communicate them clearly with your team. Continuously optimize our sales methodology and share best practices to improve efficiency and focus, enable greater scale, and yield better results.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to maximize results (channel, field sales, systems engineering, marketing, cisco sales leaders, etc.).
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement and People Operations to develop and execute individual and group training opportunities, identify development needs, and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Lead weekly business reviews and forecast activities to achieve sales goals and hold individuals accountable for outcomes.
- Use metrics and data to continually assess both sales performance and talent performance/retention to fully understand underlying drivers.
Who you are:
A passionate and driven sales leader, with proven experience as a top rep and leader with experience building and motivating high-performing teams. You embody the way we lead at Meraki as follows:
- You communicate broadly and often, providing clear purpose, direction, goals, and measures.
- You are straightforward and tell the truth, especially when it is difficult to do so.
- You care personally about each member of our team and empathize with their needs and concerns.
- You actively solicit feedback about your own strengths and growth areas.
- When you are wrong, you own, share, and learn from your mistakes.
- You invest in your team’s growth and development.
- You use praise and constructive feedback to push people to their best work.
- You take the time to know what inspires and motivates each person.
- You connect personally and commit to making work meaningful and fun.
Disagree, Decide, and Commit
- You make it okay for people to own and discuss divergent points of view.
- You use productive debate to get to the best ideas.
- You listen to understand different opinions and allow them to influence the direction.
- Once a decision is made, you stand behind it, and get others to commit to its success together.
- You are resilient, optimistic, and focused on our business results while never compromising customer, partner, and team relationships.
- You measure your success based on the success of the team.
- You know how your work connects with others and make thoughtful, timely decisions with the overall impact in mind.
- You hold people accountable and focus on work that drives our long-term goals.
- You empower our teams to use their skills and insights to make the right decisions.
- You commit to earning our team’s trust everyday through your actions and transparency.
- You build an inclusive team where everyone has a strong sense of belonging.
- People follow your guidance and want to jump into taking risks with you.
- BA/BS or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of successful sales/relationship management experience.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management capabilities with the ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities and varying deadlines.
- Quarterly travel required.
- MBA or master’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team in B2B sales, operations, or a similar environment with a proven track record of overachieving goals.
- A good understanding and interest in networking technology, software, or IT.
- Proven relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience and interpersonal skills.
- International work experience.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.