Innovation Center_ IT Engineer
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
What You'll Do
You will be part of Cisco’s Corporate Strategy Office (CSO) working on state of the art innovation, cultivating and capturing new opportunities at lightning speed.
You will join an internal startup team within the CSIG developing an Enterprise Blockchain solution. You will work through the whole software development process with a lightweight Agile approach and use the latest tools and processes with a strong focus on software quality.
Who You'll Work With
Our Corporate Strategic Innovation Group (CSIG) is a high-energy, motivated team that shares a real passion for all-things innovation. This includes our Innovation Centers, which are located around the world, where disruptive talent comes together to explore, discover, and develop groundbreaking solutions to take on customers’ toughest challenges. CSIG is responsible for the exploration of new technologies, which includes Blockchain, drones, cognitive computing, AR / VR and other areas of interest.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Actively working on state of the art Blockchain technology as part of an internal start-up team
- Analysis, design and implementation of distributed applications and Enterprise Blockchain solutions
- Developing breathtaking, maintainable code, with test driven CI/CD development
Who You Are
You are an outstanding engineer who will join in on the sprint that takes us from prototype to MVP. You are looking for a rare and well-thought-out opportunity that will bring an extraordinary piece of work to your portfolio. Do you have a passion for hacked stuff on the blockchain? Or maybe you own some BTC?
Your qualifications for this role are:
- A degree in Computer Science / Mathematics or equivalent work experience in a field utilizing the same subject matter
- 6-10 years experience as an application software or full stack or back-end developer
- RESTful API experience and messaging system experience
- Experience building applications using following or similar languages: React, Node JS
- Experience with RDBMS or NoSQL databases
- DevOps experience: configuration management, containers, virtualization, continuous integration and hands on experience of Github/Gitlab, Rancher, Docker
- Knowledge of server-less architecture would be a benefit
- Understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Unix environment and Bash scripting
- Strong experience of cloud infrastructure like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud.
- Ideally some experience of developing distributed apps and smart contracts in Blockchain frameworks such as Hyperledger or Ethereum
Our Desired Skills are:
- Ability to think and operate as an extraordinary teammate
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to learn complex technologies quickly, work in a fast-paced, team-centered environment
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.