Innovation Center-Software Engineer
Location:Perth, WA, Australia
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You’ll Do
The Cisco Innovation Centers accelerate opportunities, deepen relationships, and foster innovation. Innovation Centers are placed around the world, and each serves as a hub to:
• Showcase what is possible with digital transformation and IoT
• Build solutions with partners and startups, and engage in rapid prototyping
• Invest and partner with startups, accelerators, and universities
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco Innovation Network (CIN), part of CTAO - Chief Technology and Architecture Office, is a high-energy, motivated team that shares a passion for all-things innovation. This includes our Innovation Centers, which are located around the world. At the centers disruptive talent comes together to explore, discover and develop groundbreaking solutions to solve customers’ toughest challenges. The centers are fast-paced, high-energy hotspots, where the spirit of entrepreneurship is alive and well—in fact, thriving.
Around the world, we have an amazing opportunity to creatively co-innovate and develop solutions with our customers, partners, startups, and academia.
Who You Are
In this role as a network engineer, you will
● Work with customers, partners, academia, and startups in identifying and implementing the technology solutions for solving customer's business problems
● Plan and deliver on projects from inception to delivery including the development of key performance metrics
● Have a strategic engagement across various groups within Cisco and external industry thought leaders
● BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
● A minimum of 1 years’ experience in the following fields: IT/OT, software architecture, cloud computing, and service providers
● Entrepreneurship, experience with startups, and in verticals such as manufacturing, transportation, retail, and smart cities will be considered a plus
● Knowledge in several of the following areas: cloud and fog computing, IT/OT, security, operating systems, virtualization/Linux containers, micro controllers mobility, networking, software development using C/Python/Java/NodeJS
● Understanding the software challenges faced by corporations and the dramatic changes in the IT industry
● Understanding of product management and product development lifecycle
● Innovation should be part of your DNA and the ambition to change the industry.
● Ready to disrupt and lead on cutting edge technologies such as analytics, blockchain, robotics,…
● Exceptional communication, interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills
● Fluent in written and spoken English
● Entrepreneurial drive with demonstrated ability to achieve/stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment with shifting priorities and objectives
● Comfortable taking a position with imperfect or incomplete information
● Result oriented individual with high energy who wants to get the job done with integrity