Infrastructure Automation Engineer - Federal Sector
Location:San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationAnywhere in US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
***Please Note: US Citizenship is required for this role due to the nature of work with our US Federal customers. Must be cleared to operate in IL-5 Datacenters.***
Infrastructure Automation Engineer - Federal Sector
What You'll Do
The Webex Platform team seeks an Infrastructure Automation Engineer to help implement, secure and maintain automation supporting highly regulated cloud platforms. This engineer will be part of the team responsible for running the compute, storage, network and infrastructure layers of a hybrid-cloud environment via a sophisticated suite of off-the-shelf and internally developed IaaS tools. You will be encouraged to mature the existing automation to further reduce toil, improve operations’ key performance indicators, and maintaining an industry-leading security stance.
This is an opportunity to work directly with a truly global and world-class development, security, operations, and corporate shared-service teams that are helping to connect the world with more meaningful collaboration tools! Cisco was just named #1 on the World’s Best Workplaces list by Great Places to Work and Fortune Magazine for the second year in a row! Join our team and find out why!!!
- Work with Infrastructure service owners to translate private and public cloud infrastructure requirements into next-generation IaaS platform
- Adopt Software Defined Networking (SDN) techniques to seamlessly integrate infrastructure across global Openstack ecosystem
- Develop IaaS automation platform scripting and tooling
- Work in an Agile process, participate in daily scrums
- Manage IaaS performance metrics and capacity usage models in order to provide real-time reporting to service owners
Who You'll Work With
Cisco’s Webex Platform team is a multifaceted and growing organization looking for engineers capable of delivering outstanding collaboration technologies quickly and efficiently without impacting the end user’s reliability or security. We work partner with application, client and infrastructure engineering teams to help meet their objectives in an automated and repeatable manner. Moreover, we work closely with security teams and other corporate teams to ensure compliance and governance needs are met. The ideal candidate demonstrates knowledge of business processes and team dynamics across the organization, as well as the drive to accomplish tasks independently, within policies, and on-time.
Who You Are
Experienced software engineer with an aptitude and appetite for learning new skills, and applying these skills to drive efficiency, deploy secure infrastructure, and manage sophisticated projects.
- Reports to Webex Platform IaaS Manager
- Builds strong team relationships with Webex teams located all over the world
- Works particularly closely with Development, Security and Operations teams to solve problems and complete projects
Travel / Shifts:
- The job holder will work local office business hours and participate in a rotating on-call schedule
- Minimal travel is expected
- Knowledge of current industry best practices in cloud infrastructure and system automation
- Experience in deploying Cisco ACI including monitoring, metrics, logging in production environment
- Experience on SDN design, implementation, and management
- Experience on Ansible Playbook and Terraform
- Work with multiple teams in troubleshooting and analyzing related outage.
- Solid network and system knowledge and experience
- Solid working knowledge and experience with Java/Python or similar interpreted languages
- Proven ability to manage own workload, priorities & deadlines and to work independently without supervision
- Over 5 years of related experience
- Excellent communication, and good documentation skills
- Evidence of drive and the will to succeed.
- BS and above required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!