Infosec Program Manager
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Who You'll Work With
Come join our Information Security team as a part of the Cisco’s Security and Trust Organization. This team and organization employees some of the brightest minds in the industry in order to address some of the most complex security concerns of today’s business. This team’s success in securing our internal and external assets and connections are critical to Cisco’s overall security posture. We are a very technical group of managers, architects, developers, engineers and project/program managers that specialize in building and delivering Access management and compliance services for Cisco. You will be part of a dynamic high demand team that has a track record of delivering highly technical and critical services. Expect to learn a great deal from this group of talented and hardworking individuals.
What You'll Do
The Program Manager is responsible for multi-functional security program execution across InfoSec and its partners. Implementing Information Control Zone standards across the enterprise working with multi-functional teams is a key project. This involves understanding the different Information control zones and the controls required to enforce them and working with Engineering groups to identify the Controls and influencing the Roadmap of IT. Drive transparency and work you're doing working globally and ensure that landmarks are met and compliance is measured seamlessly. Also this role involves driving Analytics projects that use Data for Decision-making and enabling Business value.
This position is a rare and exciting opportunity to be part of a transformation journey for the company and aligns with several company level priorities.
What you will do:
- You will establish program structure and methods to effectively achieve program goals.
- You will develop program plans and solution roadmaps mapping the program strategy to the present and future security capabilities.
- You will prepare executive and partner communication for IT checkpoint and service reviews.
- You will work alongside the leadership team to develop and evolve long-term strategies while consistently driving planned activities.
- You'll develop a governance approach to the engagement and help track quality, business success criteria, and value.
- You'll lead multi-functional teams; influence and coordinate activities across multiple teams in IT, InfoSec and Security and Trust Organization (S&TO).
- You'll drive creation of methodologies to successfully deploy architectures and project management practices that accelerates adoption, and ensure long term value
- You will craft and deliver innovative ways to integrate security operating models to the broader IT and Business operating models.
- You will integrate work products from program tracks for a cohesive aggregated view into the program.
Who We Are
The Corporate Information Security organization is responsible for protecting the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information and computing assets, while enabling business efficiency. Our global organization strives to exemplify operational excellence, defend and protect Cisco, and provide an easily understood operating structure and enhanced customer service to our internal partners and clients.
A BA/BS degree or equivalent with 10-12 years related experience or a MS/MA and 8 years experience in a large Enterprise or Service Provider organization. Strongly preferred demonstrable skills/experience include:
- Technical, Security and Consultant Practice experience
- Implementation of large scale technology and business process initiatives
- Highly effective communication and partner management skills
- Proven domain expertise in IT Architectures and Security
- Ability to influence IT leadership level
- Effective leadership capability and a self starter
- Out of the box thinking
- Global experience
- Ability to successfully lead multiple complex activities and major initiatives
- Validated ability to drive and lead significant multi-functional initiatives
- Proven high-quality business judgment and independent decision-making
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are rapidly growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and bigdata spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine crafting unprecedented disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
- Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!