Information Security Program/Project Manager
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do
The Corporate Information Security organization is responsible for protecting the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information and computing assets, while enabling business productivity. Our global organization strives to exemplify operational excellence, defend and protect Cisco, and provide an easily understood operating structure and enhanced customer service to our internal partners and clients.
Cisco's Information Security Organization seeks someone with experience, flexibility and superb communication skills for the role of Program Manager. The InfoSec Program Manager will be an action-oriented, collaborative and innovative driving force, responsible for:
· Program Planning and Execution - Build Plans and Schedules. Manage risks, deliverables, client engagements, and virtual team coordination.
· Define Standards – establish and govern engagement models and processes.
· Partners & Communication- Manage internal partner relationships and develop and execute communication strategy; facilitate information sharing at all levels.
· Organizational Change Management - Motivate Change identify impacts of process changes and build awareness and support for change within the organization.
· Continuous Improvement- Drive Improvement evaluate processes and results against success metrics; create or re-engineer processes, resources, structure to gain productivity and improve program.
· Problem Solving - Apply raw analytical skill & experience to solve problems with broadly defined (sometimes ambiguous) & implicit constraints. Exercise good judgment, professional knowledge & creativity to independently solve multiple complex issues, creating effective solutions.
Who You'll Work With
Come join our Information Security team as a part of the Cisco’s Security and Trust Organization. This team and organization employees some of the brightest minds in the industry in order to address some of the most complex security concerns of today’s business. This team’s success in securing our internal and external assets and connections are critical to Cisco’s overall security posture.
You should be able to coordinate multiple deliverables across functional organizations in a high demand environment, support productivity and quality objectives of the Organization, and define and implement appropriate measures and process improvement initiatives.
This role is an excellent opportunity to be part of a world-class security organization and contribute to the security, privacy and data protection needs of a large enterprise that’s continually evolving its business model
Who You Are
· Typically requires an Engineering degree (BE/B.Tech/M.Tech) in CS/IT or equivalent plus 5+ years of project or program management experience within IT or Information Security. PM certifications preferred.
· Ideally, extensive experience (3+ years) working on cross-functional programs and initiatives in Cisco or a similar large enterprise.
· Intermediate level of technical experience with Network/Infrastructure Security technologies: Access control mechanisms, Risk management, Security auditing/assessment, Data protection.
· Ability to manage multiple engagements with various teams.
· Nice to have:
- Knowledge of information security standards (e.g., ISO 17799/27002, etc.), rules and regulations related to information security and data protection;
- Industry-specific certifications, including one or more of the following CISSP, CISA, CISM, ISO27001 Lead Auditor;
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We Are Cisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.