Information Security Engineer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestSecurity
Cisco people aren't happy merely moving the security innovation needle a few millimeters - we want to blow it off the dial. Every day we look for new ways to merge innovative security technology with Cisco's 25+ years of networking expertise to redefine network security. We need like-minded colleagues who dream big about redefining security and networks, and who expect to reap the rewards for their high-visibility creations.
Who You'll Work With
We are a team of Operational Engineers that design, deploy and operate a spectrum of endpoint, cloud and on-premises tools to detect and respond to Computer and Data security incidents. We collaborate with teams throughout Cisco to ensure the visibility to keep our enterprise secure.
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities:
Daily activities include: operating, maintaining, and tuning our platforms and tools, collaborating with Threat Hunting Analysts and Investigators to provide salient datasets, and adapting our approach to evolving threats. Work within a collaborative team environment passionate about innovating our toolset as we evolve into a hybrid world.
- Experience in cloud environment and DevOps tools for public clouds AWS/AZURE/GCP
- Ability to develop, test and deploy OSquery packages via CI/CD pipeline.
- Subject Matter Expert on Kubernetes containerized applications.
- Operational knowledge of Cisco products, including: Umbrella, AnyConnect, Unified Computing Systems (UCS), Hyperflex, and FirePower Threat Defense (FTD).
- Must be self-motivated, self-starter, with a demonstrated ability in IT Networking and Security.
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills.
- Willingness to be part of on-call rotation
- Ability to design and document Cisco product solutions within diverse Business Units and acquisitions.
- Good technical writing skills and ability to draft sophisticated engineering documentation.
- Run multiple tasks concurrently with minimal direction.
- Willing to travel. Travel will vary based on program and individual's location.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills. The ability to work efficiently and add value as a team member is essential.
- US Citizenship is required due the nature of work this position will perform
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!