India Compliance Manager
Area of InterestLegal
Cisco, the world’s leading networking, communications and security company, is on a mission to empower an inclusive future for everyone. We’re proud to be consistently recognized as one of the best workplaces in the world by Fortune and Great Place To Work, and we are looking for exceptional people to join our legal team.
What You’ll Do
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Cisco legal team directly supporting the India business. We are looking for a fun, creative team player, hungry to dive into a wide variety of hands-on work to help drive the business forward. We’re looking for someone who can:
- Support the management to promote a culture of compliance and day-to-day compliance operation in India
- Support the on-going monitoring of risks and issues, facilitation of remediation processes
- Monitor management and employee compliance with relevant rules and regulations and company policies and standards of conduct
- Maintain the regular cadence of compliance meetings with the senior management and cross-functional communications.
- Work with relevant functional teams in defining compliance procedures, communicating compliance requirements to the responsible parties, and monitoring implementation of the procedures
- Engage with Legal, Finance, Brand Protection, People & Communities and other cross-organizational compliance counterparts in program recommendations based on the evolving local legislative and regulatory environment
- Support GCE’s Ethics, COI and GTE Management
General expectations for this role:
This is a grade 10 compliance manager role to support India business.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in compliance manager or risk manager role (8 years’ experience in a similar role)
- Previous experience in working for global and a cross cultural team is an advantage
- Industry or Sector Experience: Previous experience in a similar role in an IT company is an advantage but not essential
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders and facilitate risk-based decision-making
- Problem solver who has ability to think outside of box
- Good computer skills: MS Office.
- Fluent / strong communication skills, both written & spoken, in English and local language
- Highly organized and good time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Our Legal Department
We are a team of 450+ Legal and Compliance professionals in 25+ countries committed to fostering an inclusive and collaborative environment as we work together to drive Cisco’s success. We serve as trusted advisors to the business – problem solving, navigating complexities, and enabling transformation along the way. We use technology to make life easier – leveraging Cisco’s innovative networking and collaboration tools to enable flexible, hybrid work. And we embrace the responsibility to be a force for good – donating our time and expertise through pro bono and community impact initiatives.
As billions of things connect to the Internet and massive amounts of data are distributed ever more widely, our customers are faced with growing complexity and risks to their security. Cisco is focused on delivering highly secure, intelligent platforms for the digital world. We are passionate about reinventing networking, unlocking the power of data, enriching the employee and customer experience, and deploying security everywhere. In all of these things, the network is the common denominator.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.