Inclusion & Collaboration Program Manager
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Alternate LocationRemote, US
Area of InterestHuman Resources
What You'll Do
Inclusive Strategy & Futures (IFS) is a function under the People & Communities (P&C) organization focused on helping to define the next horizon people strategy to achieve an inclusive experience for Cisco and our broader ecosystem. This position is part of the Inclusion & Collaboration (I&C) Strategy and Inclusive Solutions team within IFS who is responsible for the overall global strategy and & alignment within the company. The I&C team leads Cisco’s inclusion and collaboration strategy which is ratified and championed by the executive leadership team.
Inclusion and Collaboration (I & C) is seeking a Technical Program Manager who is passionate about solving fairness and equity problems and crafting experiences that are elegant and effective. You will drive the defined vision & requirements for our Strategic Partnerships to develop our talent across the full-spectrum of diversity. The ideal candidate is end user-centric, continuously demonstrating strategic & analytical abilities and is laser-focused on executing at scale. In this role, you partner with diverse cross-functional teams to lead, execute and deliver results. You thrive in a geographically dispersed matrix environment, where success is dependent on your ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners to establish priorities and drive success in a positive, productive and transparent way.
- Drive the strategic partnership strategy by working with cross-functional teams (e.g., business units, Community Business Partners within P & C, Grow and Learn Organization delivery, program, Inclusive Communities and Inclusive Partnerships).
- Work closely with teams comprised of Grow and Learn Organization delivery team, Customer Support, Business Functions, Cisco Partners and Legal to plan and track projects required for Strategic Partnerships.
- Bring to bear program management skills to build comprehensive plans, identify risks and dependencies of the program to ensure both transparency and alignment across teams.
- Oversee the investment circle for strategic partnerships across Cisco.
- Catalogue, maintain and respond to surveys, pledges and identify future opportunities to align to the I & C and strategic partnership strategy.
- Maintain annual process to evaluate current and future partnerships, based on inputs from stakeholders, relevant metrics, and other predefined key inputs, while both aligning as well as planning for alignment to the I & C strategy.
- Ensure all stakeholders have continual access to information and a shared understanding, of surveys, pledges, events, conferences, and relevant metrics.
- Coordinate with expertise within I & C fairness and equity consulting, the Grow and Learn Organization for delivery, extended cross functional teams, inclusive communities and Cisco partners.
- Manage digital / technology transformational projects that align to the I & C Strategy leveraging PMI principles, combined with a deep technical knowledge with the ability to relay business relevance, scope, and impact to developers for an end user centric experience.
- Build trust and effective relationships with peers/cross-functional teams and influence senior leaders to communicate Strategic Partnerships features vision, strategy, goals, status and end user impact.
Who You Are
- Deep interest in how to develop talent across the full-spectrum of diversity, with a specific focus on delivering extraordinary experiences for underrepresented communities. Passionate about enabling the skills needed to drive inclusion at the point of decision making. Detail-oriented, unfazed by technical detail, committed to flawless execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Standout colleague; ability to interface and build relationships at all levels internally and externally.
- 7+ years of applicable program delivery experience in a distributed agile environment, preferably for a large company.
- 1+ years of experience in some facet in working with enterprise strategic partnerships.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with product and engineering teams to scope and shepherd features from inception to delivery.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organizational teams to negotiate and assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and ensure resolution of blocking issues
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!